Jon

T

Tigerdh82

McDonnell Douglas F-4EJ Phantom II 1/144th Scale

Hi everyone.

Well here goes with the start of my first serious thread.

I am building an Airfix McDonnell Douglas F4-EJ Phantom II 1/144th Scale from the MINI KIT series.

First impressions.

Box is great and the instructions are on the back of the box.

Packaging is extreme but then I realized this kit is pre painted making the extra packaging necessary.

The Build quality and finish is very good and reminds me of the die-cast models available, it even has an interior comprising 2 pilots upper torso's and blackened down interior, the painted canopy and painting generally is crisp and shows no imperfections.

Overall I am impressed. I do however think this kit is aimed at the younger generation rather than the serious modeller but with the younger generation lies the future of modelling and so feel that this is probably a good thing

View attachment 48393

View attachment 48394

View attachment 48395

View attachment 48396

View attachment 48397

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Last edited:
C

CDW

i supppse these kits would be ok for youngsters, i personally wouldn't get the same satisfaction I do from the unpainted kits.

look quite tidy though dont they :smiling3:

as an aside, it might help if you gave your threads a title other than just "Jon", people will think they're all the same one they've read earlier.

T

Tigerdh82

Hi CDW

Thanks for the advice I must admit your absolutely right, they will probably end up being someones toy than a prized possession.

T

Tigerdh82

Hi all I have finished this kit and I must say it was probably the most unsatisfying kit I have ever made.

There was nothing to do with it but assembly and some small amounts of touchup.

But for child collectors I think it would appeal and and for small desktop items also.

Pics added tooView attachment 47072View attachment 47073

Sorry pics aren't very good.

the stand is removable for display purposes and I did think the overal finish was relatively crisp.

View attachment 50050

View attachment 50051

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

K

Keith9657

Its a nice looking planr for the limitations of the kit. Mind you, I am a Phantom Phan.

Keith