Ju 87 Stuka B2 Italeri

First Name
Michael
Well my first thread and first time showing pics of my modelling efforts.

Picked up this kit in the sale at my lms, Wonderland Models, for just £14;99 a bargain I think. Looks really nice with great details and a small fret of PE, another first for me.

Wanted to start a thread with it as I may need your help and advice as I go along so thought it might be a good idea to post pics as I go.

I'm still very much a beginner as only back to this for a few months but never imagined you could have so much fun with a box of plastic bits and some paint. M

View attachment 44663

View attachment 44664

View attachment 44665

View attachment 44666

View attachment 44667

models 066.jpg

models 068.jpg

models 070.jpg

models 072.jpg

models 076.jpg

V

Vajled

just bought same one few days ago... great model what I can see from box...

I will folowing this build with interest :smiling3:

Great doned cockpit

Good luck with build

Roman

D

dubster72

That's a good start Michael, good luck with your build.

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good michael , great cockpit , cheers tony

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yep i have this in my stash too. Will defo watch this build :smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice office Michael some great detail going on there.

Vaughan

C

CDW

Nice start and there's plenty of advice available on here (probably not from me, but from those who actually know what they're doing with aircraft :smiling3: )

I also see we frequent the same model shop in town ..... nice shop ... sometimes awquard to find a spot to park in Castle Terrace :smiling3:

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Like the wrok in the cockpit so far!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a cracking start Michael, keep up the great work.

Tony.

First Name
Michael
Thanks so much for all your kind words.

I've made some progress and fitted the cockpit into the fuselage and attached the wings, the fit is really pretty good with not too much putty needed at the wing root.

I've also got the engine painted and ready to fit, there is an option to show the engine but I'm going for the closed option.

I think I've got the firewall on a bit squint which is throwing the engine out of line so I'll have to do some remedial work to get it all to line up correctly.

Thanks again for your encouragement M

View attachment 44882

View attachment 44883

View attachment 44884

models 087.jpg

models 093.jpg

models 089.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good so far. The engine is quite impressive.

Colin M..

K

kaiyudsai

Im doing this build right now as well..... i have the tamiya repack version of this kit..... I was supriosed at how well the kit goes together ... the only thing that bothers me is the type of styrene Italieri uses... It is alot more brittle than the Styrene normally used by Tamiya and trumpeter./...

First Name
Michael
Hi Marc, I too think this kit goes together pretty good. Don't have enough experience to comment on the styrene, I had a look at your Mig and its fantastic so would to see what you do with this kit. I'm masking the canopy at the moment so things have slowed a little. M

First Name
Michael
Ok, been a little while since I posted, life gets in the way of modelling sometimes.

Moved on quite a bit now, canopy masking takes me a long time, I'm still getting the hang of this but just about got it done to an ok standard, I think, but of course will not know until I remove it.

I got the airbrush work done although my AB didn't want to play along when it came to the last black/green colour in the camo. I'm using a single action badger airbrush fitted with a colour cup so I don't have to fill a syphon jar every time, I really like the brush, ok its a little basic but I think I'm mastering it and can get a pretty good finish the problem is I use those damn propellant cans, they are the work of the devil and very inconsistent in their air delivery, the kit was a Christmas gift and really needs the addition of a compressor.

I learnt another lesson after breaking off nearly all the 'sticky out bits' on the plane while spraying....leave them 'till after. Got some touching up to do on paint.

I'd like to give this aircraft quite a bit of weathering as I'm led to believe they took a lot of punishment but I'm very unsure of what to do and how to do it, advice please.

Thanks M

View attachment 45466

View attachment 45467

View attachment 45468

View attachment 45469

075.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Michael.Sorry to hear about breaking of the little bits hope its an easy fix for you. Weathering would really depend on the year and the theatre of operation, I'm geussing with the yellow nose its Eastern front? Wintertime? The options are many and there are a lot of threads in the how to section that would help a lot I would search there.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/tutorials/11282-weathering-questions.html