Ju 87 Stuka B2 Italeri

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Nice splinter camo Michael it's looking good! I use Flory washes(formally pro-moddeler) they work for me. They are clay based so as long as you apply them to a surface that has a coat of Klear or varnish they can removed and you can start again if you don't like the desired result. Heres' a link

that explains how to do it in more detail and you can buy the washes from the ScaleModel Shop.Vaughan

First Name
Michael
Getting a little more done, klear coat on and decals going on.

Think I'm going to try a wash with oils and thinners.

I've also got pastels the chalk type..my wife's an artist so blagged some, can I mix the pastel powder with an oil based medium like pure turpentine to make a wash? online I've watched it done with water but unsure whether an oil basedd one is ok. I want an oil based as I've got an acrylic paint.

I believe this is the right way to go.

View attachment 45677

View attachment 45678

View attachment 45679

View attachment 45680

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

D

dubster72

There's no problem with adding pastels to an oil wash Michael, as long as they're ground to powder as any larger bits will be visible & mar the look. I do it quite often to add ' body ' to a wash. Whether that's suitable for aircraft I don't know however.

It's a great looking Stuka, you're doing really well.

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

As Patrick says there's no problem with using chalk-pastel, i find the best way to get the powder fine enough is to rub the pastel on mediun grade sand paper then either apply with a brush, or in the case of getting a finer covering on a plane (i would imagine this would be more realistic and desirable) tap some onto a sheet of paper and either gently blow or use a dry airbrush blast to distribute it onto your prepared areas.

First Name
Michael
Hi again everyone, thanks for all your kind comments.

I have a little problem, as you can see from the attached pics the instructions tell me to affix decals 5,6 and 7 to the front edge of the wings, these decals are red dotted line squares, also see pics, the instructions seem unclear to me as to where to place these. Is it on top of the wing or across the front edge?

There is no clue on the model to suggest their placement.

Many thanks M

View attachment 45716

View attachment 45717

stuka instructions 001.jpg

stuka instructions 002.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They go across the leading edge like this.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Michael
Thanks very much Steve, I looked for a photo online but couldn't find one in which this was clear, thanks again. M

V

Vajled

nice job all arround

Roman

P.S.

Try little wash, it will give stuka next level

D

dubster72

You've done really well with that Stuka Michael. Nice clean paint & your canopy masking is excellent.

I'd second what Roman said, a wash would pop the details out really nicely.

Cheers

Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job you've done there. I can't remember if you mentioned which paints you used but they look good,just the right contrast (or lack thereof) between the colours. I quite like the clean look which just goes to show how subjective the whole issue of weathering can be :smiling3:

It's true that some Ju87s did get a bit scruffy but they all went into service spic and span!

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Michael
Thanks guys, Steve the paints are revell, Swarzgrun 40 and Dunkelgrun 68. Although Revell paints often seem very thick in the pot I find I find they thin and spray well, with the weathering, I'd do more if I was more confident but I think I will do some type of wash, my LMS doesn't do washes so I'll have to concoct one, this is where it all falls down. The model is finished with an Alclad Klear Kote (sic) Flat, lacquer what should my wash be?

Thanks for the help M