Ju 88 A1 - Revell 1/32

A

ajcmac

I started a new model.

Will be OOB only with Eduard PE seat belt and with the aid of the mask, also Eduard, to the windows of the cockpit.

I read one or two reviews, one of Brett Green. I looked at the sprues and in fact the pieces seemed perfect. The fittings were good. Anyway, basically had no defects.

After opening the box a disappointment.

For some magical art my kit is nothing of this. The fittings are in fact good, but the pieces came with excess plastic. Lines of the molds?? Well, until now had to clean almost all parts. The largest are not difficult. Now the smallest. It is difficult to catch them but having to clean them, is work.

A surprise on the sheet of decals. Bring the dials to the dashboard.

I did a test fit, fuselage and wings, and everything seems perfect.

I started to glue some parts.

Best regards

amac

A

ajcmac

I'm sorry. I was wrong on site.

I have already put the topic in the right place. Can delete this topic?

thank you

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Antonio that's a shame that you won't be posting your build on this forum as it would have been an interesting build, I have one in my stash. What forum will you be posting your build on?

Vaughan.

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Hi Antonio that's a shame that you won't be posting your build on this forum as it would have been an interesting build, I have one in my stash. What forum will you be posting your build on?Vaughan.
Vaughan.

I'll post the building of the model.

What happened is that I opened, by mistake, the topic here :sad: . What I wanted was to open it in "Planes & Helicopters."

Regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Ok Antonio I didn't realise that it was in under construction and not in Planes and helicopters, I'm sure if you ask one of the moderators will move it for you. I'm looking forward to this build.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excellent stuff Antonio,I too am very interested to see what you do with this one. It should be good.

I had one of the earliest of these and was not so impressed with some of the molding,some fairly softly molded parts and plenty of flash.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

After gluing more than 50 pieces (there are still many others) in the cockpit just decided to start painting it.

RLM 66 (Tamiya XF-63

The instrument panel. In my case the dials were on the sheet of decals.

The wells wheels. RLM 02 (XF-22 Tamiya)

Well after have given me a rivets maker and as I had glued the wings ...

Best regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Nice detail with the dials Antonio.

Vaughan

B

Bunkerbarge

When you appeared to be dissapointed initially I thought this was going to be a bit of a challenge but I must admit the level of detail looks to be very good and the instrument panel looks superb.

I particularly like German WWII aircraft and I'm sure this is going to look stunning when you have finished it.

M

mobear

on a personal note i love details,and you are doing a great job,just ashame the model companies dont give real options to show them off

mobear

A

ajcmac

Thanks for your comments.

The interior now with lights and shadows and a wash. After a dry brush.

Continuation of the rivets. The vertical drift and rudder ready.

Regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

Parts of the interior had already painted ready. I painted the dials and levers.

It now remains to glue the boxes of ammunition for machine guns.

The riveting work will stop. Missing only the rivets in the fuselage that will just do as she is glued.

The cowling of the wheel wells have some problems. I think that should have glued before and did not follow the instructions.

Best regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

A gap between the engine cowling with wings. I glued a band of plastic.

Carriages painted with RLM 02 (Tamiya XF-22) and wheels.

Lights and shadows. Wash with bitumen of Judea and dry brush.

I glued a few more pieces of the interior and are ready to paint. The pedals were a puzzle to paste.

More rivets.

Best regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
There's a lot of work going on there Antonio great painting skills. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Vaughan

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Brilliant build.... I am looking forward to mine.

Are you adding bomb racks and bombs Antonio?

I got some from MDC and will be my first 'go' with resin when I build.