Ju-88 A4/D1 (Revell, 1:72)

V

Vajled

Hope thematic will be interesting for you my friends :smiling3:

I have this model for a bit of time, and all time thinking what to do with it.

It's pritty shame for Revell to box models like that, and here on pic you can see really condition what I found in the box.

:inv: little bit old and ... i dont have a proper word.

I'm big fun of Ju-88 and german aviation of ww2, and it's very sad to I made it for Luftwaffe camo... and because that I have decided to do captured Ju-88 for allies...

Here are some pics what I have captured on the youtube

[video=youtube;OzS8_yBY8qI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzS8_yBY8qI

I decided for this sheme:

It's very hard to see from the movie to witch Luftwaffe unit this Ju-88 belongs, but I think it's one of these two:

any ideas, suggestions are more than welcomed :smiling3:

Cheers all

Roman

J

James Q

What a shame Roman to find it in the box like that! I am very tempted to do a Ju-88 as i love German aircraft! I'm loving the scheme of the top aircraft (B3+FL)

Which ever you choose I am sure it'll be another of your master pieces!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Bloody hell Roman,when do you sleep :smiling5:

The allies have unhelpfully overpainted the codes and I can't remember seeing this one before. I've a couple of books I'll check in.

There is an emblem(?) visible under the canopy at about 3'30" in the video you linked but I can't make it out,nor am I sure it's original.

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

hey guys...

I try in google this: ju-88 emblems and I found this picture :smiling3:

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's yours. It was captured,I think in Italy,by the 86th F.S. hence their emblem.

This aircraft ended up at Freeman Field in the U.S.where they overpainted the U.S national markings and re-applied German ones for an enemy aircraft exhibition. I'll scan a photo or two tomorrow.

I don't want to hijack your thread but there is an amazing coincidence here my friend!

This is my 'work in progress'

Yes,that's a Bf109 and those are invasion stripes!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vajled

\ said:
That's yours. It was captured,I think in Italy,by the 86th F.S. hence their emblem.This aircraft ended up at Freeman Field in the U.S.where they overpainted the U.S national markings and re-applied German ones for an enemy aircraft exhibition. I'll scan a photo or two tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve
thx steve...

yes, i found now few more pics and info about plane... 86th fighter squadron

Thx

Roman

A

AJay

Look forward to this one...............Man, you sure build a lot of models!!! :smiling3:

V

Vajled

\ said:
That's yours. It was captured,I think in Italy,by the 86th F.S. hence their emblem.This aircraft ended up at Freeman Field in the U.S.where they overpainted the U.S national markings and re-applied German ones for an enemy aircraft exhibition. I'll scan a photo or two tomorrow.

I don't want to hijack your thread but there is an amazing coincidence here my friend!

This is my 'work in progress'

Yes,that's a Bf109 and those are invasion stripes!

Cheers

Steve
Steve... it only show how good taste you have :smiling3: and also great photo of your Bf-109... cant wait to see more of it...

coincidence it cannot be bigger but I'm glade we make almost same builds... I mean thematic :smiling3:

On my Ju-88, it's fuselage and wings from engine till endare they painted in white?

Cheers

Roman

V

Vajled

\ said:
Look forward to this one...............Man, you sure build a lot of models!!! :smiling3:
thx AJay :smiling3:

well, now on free time and doing a lot of them :smiling3:

my year count is arround 30-40 models :smiling3:

Cheers,

ROman

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Roman NICE. Looks like the Totenkopf scheme to me, looking forward to this one, even with the bad packageing, i'm sure you will make a great model

J

James Q

\ said:
thx AJay :smiling3: well, now on free time and doing a lot of them :smiling3:

my year count is arround 30-40 models :smiling3:

Cheers,

ROman
30-40 models a year! Christ if i bought that much my wife will kill me lol! Where do you store the built ones Roman?

V

Vajled

\ said:
30-40 models a year! Christ if i bought that much my wife will kill me lol! Where do you store the built ones Roman?
hehehehe, all arround appartement my friend...

but I have really great wife and son and they are acting to my work and models with great attitude.

Till today, I think only ones my wife when she sweeping dust from one model take of door (Heli, bell huey in 1/72) and right away she told me that... I glue it again and no problem at all :smiling3:

I have some shelf, must make some new ones... I have plans to arrange my working room with shelves and glass doors... :smiling3:

hehehhe, complicated a lot :smiling3:

Roman

J

James Q

Sounds very nice! My wife takes an interest and asks questions about the subject, she even gives sanding filler and painting ago!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just FYI I can't find that emblem but the Jagdwaffe emblems are the ones that I have most (all) of and this obviously isn't a fighter :smiling3:

If you really need to know the unit someone on LEMB will almost certainly know it.

I'm waiting for the knew Ketley and Rolfe book at the moment,it should contain just about every known emblem,1000 in the book!

Cheers

Steve