Ju87 Stuka

B

beav1013

Hello. Here's my most recent build, Hasegawa's 1/48 Stuka. It went together great, hardly used any filler. I think I broke the canopy antenna off about 5 times, so that's a little touchy, but other than that it's a solid model. I think this is one of my better paint jobs. The pics are tough due to the darkness of the colors. It looks better in person than in the pics. I couldn't get good light for the pics, so i gave up. Not using the flash it's kind of dark, using the flash was too glarey for my taste. O well.

But it's a great kit, I'd definitely recommend it. I hope you like it.

View attachment 40735

View attachment 40736

View attachment 40737

View attachment 40738

View attachment 40739

View attachment 40740

View attachment 40741

View attachment 40742

View attachment 40743

View attachment 40744

DSCN3807.jpg

DSCN3814.jpg

DSCN3808.jpg

DSCN3809.jpg

DSCN3812.jpg

DSCN3800.jpg

DSCN3801.jpg

DSCN3802.jpg

DSCN3804.jpg

DSCN3805.jpg

A

AJay

That's a fabulous build, Jim. It looks very solid and the paint is spot on! Top marks from me.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I agree,very nicely done.

That 70/71 scheme does have a very low contrast,so low that not so many years ago people thought that there was infact only one colour. Yours looks really good,I'm guessing Xtracrylix?

Cheers

Steve

S

snapper41

Good looking build there. I have the new Italeri one in the stash to do sometime!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks fantastic! The paint work is great and I love the shading. Brilliant.

I am getting so tempted by all these Stuka turning up. I too will be looking out for the Italeri one very soon. (Yes I know its German).

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A very nice build Jim. Well done

Vaughan.

First Name
Dave
Very nice build.i'd like one of these 'G'varients myself.Just finishing off the Airfix JU87B myself.

B

beav1013

thanks everyone. i appreciate the compliments.

stona/steve, i actually use tamiya acrylics. i might be switching over to something else soon though due to the tamiya paints not having been shipped to the states for a while. i heard somewhere that they were supposed to be shipped late september. still waiting.

T

treyzx10r

Jim awesome looking build ! The paint work is top notch nicely done Sir 5 stars

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job jim, the paint job is superb,and the canopy is faultless , i wish i could get mine like that! cheers tony

B

beav1013

thanks tony. when i peeled off the masking on the canopy there were some odd crack like marks on them. i think it was dried oil/enamel wash that got under the masking. i was able to get rid of most of it, but i think it "adds character."

First Name
Curt
Looks really good. I like the look of the Stuka with the anti tank guns. You should build the 1:24 Airfix stuka you would do a nice job on that.

B

beav1013

Thanks Curt, i appreciate it. 1:24? O man, the wife would not be happy if i came home with something that big. i just started the 1:32 tamiya mustang. I think that's the biggest I'd be able to go without getting in trouble. Maybe i'll look for a 1:32 Stuka to do at some point. It really is a unique looking bird, i wouldn't mind doing another one some time.