Junior's Lego Technic Heavy-duty Tow Truck

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's a fantastic result! Tip 'O the Hat to young Junior........I understand Leggo makes a Star Wars Imperial Battle Cruiser with something like 12 Million parts and a price tag to match, would that be next on the list? ;)
Rick can you show a link to that as i would love to see it an juniors crane would be great to make into R/C
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
If they don't, I bet you could show 'em how Chris! :tears-of-joy: :thumb2: ;)
HI Rick yes i think i could but i dont even understnd the instructions on how to build this crane as far to complex for me as i have been havin a study of that book but must admit i cant see it all properly but my fossilied brain would have a job to build this as Andrew's son must be very bright to build this an his parants must be very proud of him an to build it all in 8 hrs flat id have a job in 8 months WHAT A BRIGHT YOUNG CHAP HE IS WOW
chrisb

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Great job indeed. My warm congratulations to Junior and to all those who sustain his hobby. :thumb2: :thumb2:
I'm from an older generation of Lego assemblers but when I see a Lego shelf in a store I always stop and admire their new line of technical models.
I sometimes wonder what a scientist would think and how his face would look like opening a time capsule, let's say in 12023 A.C., and finding an object like that. :nerd::surprised:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Rick can you show a link to that as i would love to see it an juniors crane would be great to make into R/C
chrisb
Sorry Chris, no link. I actually saw a completed model on display........it was well over 4 feet long.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's one impressive truck :smiling3: ....
... How many hours do you think it took from start to finish?....

EDIT..... Just re read the opening text and seen that you reckon it took 8 hours!.....
.... Must pay more attention..
.... Must pay more attention..
.....Must pay....
... What shall I have for tea?.....
Incredible stuff. It looks, to an old timer like me, a little like Lego and Meccano have joined forces….far more engineering oriented than the Lego of old. Looks like he had great fun with it.
What a cracking build.

Congrat's to the lad on a great job. :thumb2:

Ron
WOW Andrew GIVE my congrats also to the lad he must be very bright to understand an build it in 8 hrs as i dint understand hardly anything from what i see WELL DONE YOUNG CHAP
chrisb
Excellent job Junior, well done mate.
The Committee have checked the rule book and can find no objection mentioned about Lego , so are more than happy to award young Junior
View attachment 474183
Congratulation young man .
Cool truck.:cool:
That is really impressive Junior. Great fun as well I'm sure. Well done.
What a magnificent build Andrew, give junior a big pat on the back, that's one hell of a kit!!
I definitely have to give Junior 2 thumbs up!!! Great fun and he did a wonderful job. Have you two ever been to a Legoland Park? Leave your wallet home if you do go to one...

Now put it back on the shelf and quit playing with it Andrew!!!...

Prost auf Junior and his fine work
Allen
Brilliant build. Congrats to Junior. I would have got lost on the instructions.
John.
Noice.
The only problem with big Lego builds, he says looking at my 1.2 meter long Executor super star destroyer on top of a display cabinet, is where to put the things afterwards
But then that's another reason to downsize...

Buuut, you can play with them, sorry, evaluatr their engineering qualities, without the worry of breaking bits off!
A great build both in effort and size!

Dave
That's a fantastic result! Tip 'O the Hat to young Junior........I understand Leggo makes a Star Wars Imperial Battle Cruiser with something like 12 Million parts and a price tag to match, would that be next on the list? ;)

Looks like a future engineer in the making! Well done indeed!
Steve
HI does all the lights work on it ?
chrisb
Great job indeed. My warm congratulations to Junior and to all those who sustain his hobby. :thumb2: :thumb2:
I'm from an older generation of Lego assemblers but when I see a Lego shelf in a store I always stop and admire their new line of technical models.
I sometimes wonder what a scientist would think and how his face would look like opening a time capsule, let's say in 12023 A.C., and finding an object like that. :nerd::surprised:

Gents

Thanks very much for the MANY kind/humorous comments and general encouragement! Junior's response was a typically restrained "Cool" but I know it would have meant a lot.

I missed out a couple of facts from the first post.......full length when fully extended it is 22" (56cm). It also weighs a touch more than your average kit at 1.7kg (3.7lbs).

@The Smythe Meister - paying attention.....remind me who are you? :tongue-out3:

@John Race - WOW...the canine award!! Please pass on our thanks to the committee!:smiling3:

@Allen Dewire - Lego Park....fortunately not! :cold-sweat:

@boatman - Hi Chris, this doesn't have working lights, it's just clear plastic but another kit he has does. However, he had to invest in Lego's AM additional parts for that, including a motor.

@Steve-the-Duck - My brother has some very big kits including a Death Star. a Millennium Falcon and a Titanic. He bought some display cabinets specially designed for them from somewhere online. I'll post some pics up when I get a minute.

@Andy the Sheep - Andrea, I know what you mean, although I did have the first big Lego Technic kit they did in the late 70s.

Thanks again guys.

Much appreciated!!

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great results Junior. Glad you finished it. I seen some time ago where a guy builds Lego semi trucks of all kinds if I find it I’ll post it here. I think you will line it.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great results Junior. Glad you finished it. I seen some time ago where a guy builds Lego semi trucks of all kinds if I find it I’ll post it here. I think you will line it.
Thanks Lee. Will make sure he sees this. If you can find the other pictures that would be great!

ATB.

Andrew

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I’m part way through the Cobi brick kit I got given and compared to the last time I built Lego with my son 20 years ago, I thought it was quite detailed but yours is another level, looks good.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I’m part way through the Cobi brick kit I got given and compared to the last time I built Lego with my son 20 years ago, I thought it was quite detailed but yours is another level, looks good.
Wow they really are serious bits of engineering these kits, very impressive.

Gents

Thanks very much for the feed back. Junior send his thanks too. He is on about getting more Lego soon....so keep your eyes peeled.

John - would like to see what the Kobi stuff looks like once finished.

ATB

Andrew