Junkers D1...

J

James Q

Here is my completed (today) Junkers D1. The model depicts an aircraft that was based in Belgium 1918 S/N unknown. Its the 1/72 Roden kit, I felt the kit went together well, I treated it like I would do a limited run kit with lots of check of fitment etc. For me personally I feel this is my best build so far. I've tried to make the aircraft dirty wasnt to sure what they were like as most pictures were in black and white. The colours arnt a perfect match, but I'm happy with it.

V

Vajled

great sutff...

I like it a lot... great build my frined... great :smiling3:

Roman

J

James Q

Thank you my friend Roman. Means alot coming from a great modeller like your self :smiling:

S

sprayman

What a cracking subject and a great build and paint job...very nice indeed.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job. It looks like something Dick Dastardley and Muttley might be found in!

More seriously they were brave men that took to the air in those machines.

Cheers

Steve

J

James Q

Thank you Steve, yes it does look like some thing they would of flown in lol!

T

treyzx10r

James thats a great looking build! I like subjects off the beaten path,very unique!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats one fine looking tin donkey james! Ive been looking for one of these in 1/72 , its a very quirky looking aircraft , a bit like its been knocked up out of old shed roofs, but it makes a fantastic looking model as you have shown . cheers tony

J

James Q

Thank you Tony, I think the Roden is the only one available in 1/72? It is a good kit though, very nicely detailed and a lovely cockpit. Just have to double check fit of everything.