Junkers Ju87B-2 ‘Stuka’ Scale 1/24

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I love the trick of masking with the foil mate, I got to try that out myself :smiling3: by the way, the rivets look superb

John

P

Polux

Thank you very much Patrick, is quite difficult to me explain it correctly :oops:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, in that a wash is thinned paint, a filter is tinted thinner. Take a quantity of thinner & add a brush with your desired filter colour, stir the thinner so the brush is clean & there's your filter!If I was doing late German armour in a 3 colour scheme, I'd add a brown filter over the matt paint. This 'ties' the 3 colours together.

It's vital to apply a filter onto matt paint, otherwise it'll run off the surface.

There's a good article explaining it better than I can here

http://www.missing-lynx.com/rare_world/rw02.htm
Thanks mate but I'm still confused , I now know what a filter does but I still don't know what a filter is , do you make yourself , can you buy it , is there a company that makes them and what do I look for ?

Sorry to sound like a complete dullard but dyslexia can be a pain in the Harris when reading lol

D

dubster72

No worries mate, dyslexia is a pain I know ;)

Explaining what is does is harder than explaining what it is! Some people 'see' filters & some don't. I guess it's like audio equipment where some are fine with a one-box system & other's want separates. Anyway I'm rambling ...!

What a filter does is lay down a very slight tint over the paint. Light catches it as it passes through & as the light is reflected back off the paint, the filter subtly changes how the paint looks.

If you had a 3 colour camo of dark yellow, olive green & red-brown, you'd usually apply a brown filter. The effect would be to soften the tone of the colours, so that you lose the stark look of them & they appear to be closer in hue than they were previously.

The main problem with filters is that they rarely show up to anything other than the naked eye, unless you have high-end photographic equipment.

Mig make ready-made filters & as do his new company Ammo.

I hope this helps? Probably confused everyone even more! :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks Patrick , I think I understand now but the important thing is you can buy them so I'll have a pop at that :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

Filters basically modify colours, pretty much in the same way as photographic filters do. Varying thier intensity can also produce very useful shading effects but it is basically about modifying the base colour. Usually it is to tone down the strength of a pigment and the effects of scale should be taken into account when using them.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking fantastic Polux, coming along real nicely :rolleyes:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
It's looking good, very good indeed.... I remember this kit from when it was first released, I loved it and certainly do not remember the fit issues you have found but, I expect, such issues were very much the norm back then and models have moved on a lot..... But you are doing a superb job.

P

Polux

Good afternoon to all!!

Yeah!! The lower side is finished :smiling3: I’m happy!!!

I take off the mask tape and clean a bite the upper side. I’m really glad with the final result, as you can see, there isn’t a step between the painted and not painted part, inclusive with all the coats applied :P

View attachment 86623

I was working with the mask and forget this black paint drop (argghhhh,what a hell)....was too late for taking it off, will need to add a fine touch of Hellblau again :sad:

View attachment 86624

For a more detailed model, I have decided to do a “pin wash” on all the little holes of the rear part (one by one :confused:) Now I have to clean with a brush and White Spirit.

View attachment 86625

Over the decals I applied an acrylic black wash, I was looking for cover those little white points....:eek: now I have to add some dirt again. :smiling3:

View attachment 86628

Well, and this is the final result. I will be waiting for the oil and smoke streaks until the entire model has been painted.

View attachment 86626

View attachment 86627

View attachment 86629

Thanks for your help and for looking as well :smiling3:

Polux

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0339.JPG

DSC_0325.JPG

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

A

andyrobs

Hi Polux, more fantastic work mate, this is looking more and more impressive, love seeing all the techiques you are using!!!

Cheers, Andrew

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Polux you've done a fantastic job on that belly , it looks like the real thing I'm well impressed :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Polux looking great! The tiny black paint drop looks like it belongs there I would leave it!

P

Polux

Thanks friends. I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

I will "lose" the time painting the bombs and other little details, waiting for this part dry completly before mask it.

D

dubster72

Super impressive work Polux! Your attention to detail is second to none, that's an amazing amount of high quality work.

P

Polux

Hi friends :smiling3:

The most important effect on this build is approaching....the winter camouflage.

I’m trying new things and I have obtained this!!! :eek:

View attachment 86664

Which is your opinion (be sincere please ;) ) looks so damaged? Maybe strange?

I was trying to do a normal chipping effect to compare (A), but I goes so fast and the final result isn’t correct :confused:

View attachment 86663

And I have painted the 500 kg bomb!!! I have do some dirty and chipping subtle effect :smiling3:

View attachment 86665

Thanks for your help

Polux

DSC_0350.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking great. If I may say I think that the white camouflage was a type of emulsion. I think that it would wear away rather than chip. I think the effect you are looking for is like a really old painted wall where the paint has worn off.

Ian M

D

dubster72

I think the spinner looks ace Polux, it is closer to example B, but not any better or worse for that.

And that bomb... the subtleties of colour & shade are amazing! I'd give that a great build all on its own!