Junkers Ju88 C-6 Zerstorer (Dragon, 1/48)

V

Vajled

Postam bring me this beauty few minutes ago :smiling3:

Like he know that I'm after Bf-109 looking what to build next, hehehehe

Picture say all... yeeeeeeeeeeees

C

CDW

can't wait to see this finished, it's your favorite plane isn't it .... :smiling3: :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Are you doing this version with the 'fake' painted glass nose? I've always thought that was very sneaky,and a very nasty surprise!

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

\ said:
can't wait to see this finished, it's your favorite plane isn't it .... :smiling3: :smiling3:
Hey Steve,

I have doubt about version... In my opinion more beautifull is with glass at nose, but I'm not shure what version I can build with glass nose from this model?

I know C-6 is made from A variants of Ju-88.

----------------------

from wiki:

[h=3]"Ju 88C[/h]Zerstörer, fighter-bomber and night fighter, based on A-series, but with sheet metal nose."

--------------------------------------

Any oppinion?

Roman

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
oooooo following this build. I've been trying to get this kit off evilbay for some time now but they always go for too much money

V

Vajled

\ said:
oooooo following this build. I've been trying to get this kit off evilbay for some time now but they always go for too much money
I have bought it here:

HobbyEasy | Ju88C-6 Zerstorer

Model: 22 $ + 7 $ shipment to Croatia... 30 $ in the end :smiling3:

I think that is not to mutch

Cheers

Roman

T

treyzx10r

Roman looking forward to seeing your work on this. The Dragon kits are nice but this molding has some gap issues

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Roman sorry form late reply. I'm away from home and internet access is variable. I thought the C-6 was a solid nose but I'm away from my books and can't check!

Whatever you do I'm sure it will be a cracker.

Cheers

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Steve the Ju88 C6a was an improved varient of the Ju88 C5 Heavy Fighter

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/ju88c6a.jpg/

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vajled

\ said:
Steve the Ju88 C6a was an improved varient of the Ju88 C5 Heavy Fighter ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I was ask Steve about version of this aircraft, because for my eyes glass nose is mutch pritier, and I have read that C-6 is developt from A series of that aircraft.

My question for Steve was witch version I can do with this model but with glass nose and of course it will be correct.

Cheers

Roman

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Roman have a look at this link. Then scroll down to the Ju88 C1 (about half way down). This version has the glass nose

Junkers Ju 88 - Die Legende - Forum - Sitemap

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Steve the Ju88 C6a was an improved varient of the Ju88 C5 Heavy FighterImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Thanks Allyne,that's what I was thinking of. Armament in the nose camouflaged with a painted on "glass" nose. I'm sure a few people got a very unpleasant surprise unwittingly flying in front of that.

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

\ said:
Roman have a look at this link. Then scroll down to the Ju88 C1 (about half way down). This version has the glass nose Junkers Ju 88 - Die Legende - Forum - Sitemap
thx :smiling3:

found it...

I will do this one...

I agree with steve, this one Zeroster was very, very big surprise to many pilots from opponent side...

Great idea from Luftwaffe to paint noses like that. I can only emagin how big surprise was when from "glass" start thunder and rain of lead :smiling3: )

Cheers

Roman

V

Vajled

I have decided that I will postpone this build, because I'm at home on my free days only 8 days more :sad:

And must go back in Syria.

When I came back from Syria I will start build this beauty.

Now must finished Bf-109 and I will do one more model...

Cheers

Roman