Can't believe it's been three weeks since I last posted on this! I haven't given up but I'm also working on some other stuff at the moment (pics soon). The fit isn't perfect and I've had to spend a lot of time fiddling about with seams but I've made some progress.
Got the interior finished apart from a bit of touch up painting.
I should have checked earlier but I've found the canopy doesn't fit very well. Rather than trying to fettle the curved bit at the bottom edge, it was easier to add some strips to the sides to tilt it forward. Now it fits at the bottom but of course I've created a huge gap at the top. No problem to fill with a bit of plasticard as it's straight - and it's not the only filling I have to do!