Kfz 305 1/48

S

sprayman

Thanks for the input and kind words guys, always appreciated. You can also use the scab effect on a painted vehicle, as the cement reacts with the paint to bubble it,makes a nice effect of early rust creeping under the paint work.

S

sprayman

Just a little update of how this old gal is looking. Bay and cab dry fitted, and started on the weathering with pastels. Thanks for looking.

F

Fenlander

Very nice indeed, must get one of these for my collection, will not look as good as this though.....

S

sprayman

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have seen your work Graham and its spot on, but thanks for the kind words.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ray

That's one good looking Opel Blitz! Love the kettenkrad and APU too. Great step by step build - looking forward to the final piece.

Paul

S

sprayman

Well the old gal is finished, well the cab is dry fitted and the glass to put in but the weathering is complete.

Overall another great Tamiya kit, a few downsides, like the glass will have to be scraped and I will get some durathin sheets from work and re cut them, the glass was a touch cloudy and even after buffing and Klear it still looked terrible, maybe a bad batch but something to consider.

The cargo cover lacks any contours or any canvas look, and even a damn fine paint job couldnt make this pass, so it never got used.

The wheels seem low, but there dry fitted so will have to consult the books and see how the wheels sat in conjunction with the arches, may have to do a touch of work there if the wheels are to low.

I would make another one, maybe in the desert colours, and if your a utilities fan than this kit is a must, would look super in any dio.

Thanks for your support and kind words over my first build blog.

F

Fenlander

Looking good Ray. I have been scouring the net for builds of the LRDG Chevrolet I have (hopefully) coming. Never done a lorry as such so I will be reviewing your build for tips.

S

sprayman

Many thanks Graham, glad you found your rare kit, I hope you blog it, should be a very interesting build.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a super build Ray. Smashing!

Gern

T

treyzx10r

Ray that came out great! very convincing rust as well especially the bumper,nicely done

Trey

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ray , ive somehow missed this one till now, ive been very busy DIY 'ing . Anyway WOW!! what an excellent build, superb weathering and like someone said, i'll be using your mix for the rust effect too! Looking forward to seeing all the elements together , keep up the good work ,cheers tony

N

noble

Ray this looks very nice so far, i like the opel blitz and the bf 110, i've done a small scene with a bf 110 entitled re-arming have a look if you want it might be of some assistance.

scott

N

noble

Lovely technique on the scabbing ray must give that try.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

The weathering detail on this model is absolutely stunning. Those little streaks and shades bring this so much to life it could so easily be the real thing. I can't wait to see what you make of the 110!!!

S

sprayman

Im so grateful for the support and kind words from you all, thankyou so much, indeed the Bf 110 is next, and after the confidence I have gained here I look forward to blogging it.

The Blitz is based on a photo in a book I have, very worn and unloved, I think by the look of the real thing it was used as a everyday utility truck, in the book it has old barrels, wheels and an asortment of junk, and thats where the idea came from. There are no decals on it as the pic I have of the blitz is unmarked also, just the standard German grey.

So now the mission starts all over again as I look through books and the net on the hunt for a good picture of a Bf 110, fingers crossed I may find a colour pic.

Scott could you post a link to your Bf110, I would love to see what you have done.Thanks.

Once again thanks for the support.

Ray

Last edited:
S

sprayman

Tony, once again you bring the photos home, many thanks ,I need to improve my search skills.