SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Absolutely Fabulous,lov it ,lost for words Paul a grand job, :D

\ said:
As always great work Paul how did you manage to do that pattern on his cloak
same as John how did you do that,i real need to know lol, :D

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is absolutely superb Paul......... Really superb detail....... 10 Very Big Stars for that.

NB. The expression on his face is "Watch him, hell have someone's eye out with that" :eek: :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

That cloak is the work of pure genius! Rendered in a true fine-art technique, top marks!

B

Bunkerbarge

Stunning work. The detail is amazing and creates a model that you simply do not tire of looking at.

How do you do your eyes?

P

Paul P

Cheers guys, i wanted to try something different for the cloak, a brockade effect fitting for a King, so heres a few pics of the process i used, i have to say that this was about the 4th attempt using various colours

!-- the cloak was painted the base colour and shaded and highlighted in the usual way

2- for the patten i used the same colours for gold non metalic metals that i used for Lord Paget, and painted the pattern with the base colour

View attachment 107064

3- i then gradually highlighted the parts of the pattern that were moving towards the top of the folds of the cloak

View attachment 107065

View attachment 107066

4- i then went the opposite way with the colours and used darker shades to go over the pattern where it was in the recessess of the fold

View attachment 107067

View attachment 107068

5-- and finally at the very top of the fold i highlighted with yellow and white mixture, nearly pure white to spot the very top of the highlights

View attachment 107069

it was just a csae of working in rows so that the pattern followed the lines of the cloak. very time consuming but a worthwhile result

DSCF4297.jpg

DSCF4298.jpg

DSCF4299.jpg

DSCF4300.jpg

DSCF4301.jpg

DSCF4302.jpg

L

Laurie

Splendid. Very nice you keep producing then Paul.

That cloak is a master piece. The folds and light and dark of those folds is perfection. The same goes for the tunic and painting of the detail.

Where do you get the patience Paul ?

Laurie

L

Laurie

Paul is the pattern in bedded in the figure surface before painting ?

Laurie

P

Paul P

Richard the eyes are base coated with white mixed with a little flesh tone, and then a black dot followed by the iris colour leaving a bit of the black showing and then a tiny highlight dot in white to show som light

Laurie many thanks the cloak took the best part of 20 hours to do, a bit here and there, the pattern is freehand its not embedded

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You never fail to impress Paul. A stunning sculpture and sublime paint. The cloak is truly amazingly painted.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Incredible work Paul! A really top class figure. The paint work is exceptional.

Cheers

P

S

steve scan

Stunning Paul, love this figure but would not be able to get that cloak looking like that.

P

Paul P

Many thanks for the great comments guys your a great bunch and I wish I had more time to get on the site, I always try new ideas when painting, often they don't work so I have to go to plan b, c or d, but just experiment with everything, I once saw a guy painting an ancient Gaul figure and to get a rough texture to the cloak he pasted a paper tissue to it and when painted it gave a rough textured finish, it was brilliant.

First Name
barry
Amazing model Paul I cant add anything to what the others have said just brill.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Likewise, There's nothing much I can add. It's just a stunning figure.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Sublime work Paul!!!

Sorry.....I haven't words :rolleyes:

Nice to see you posting again ;)

Polux