Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
'Perhaps today is a good day to die!'

next thing on the bench.........Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser

i need to do something different and ive not done anything science fiction for a while, and since on another forum they have just started a sf gb it seemed the perfect oppertunity

picked this up in the MZ closing down sale a few years ago

theres a bit of argument over colour scheme, some say grey some say green......my plan is light grey over all......might pick some bits out in medium grey, and a darker grey panel wash

im also thinking of having a go at some form of lighting.......cant afford a proper led set up but i have a bold and cunning plan that might only cost me a quid!

my main worry is where im going to put it when its done!

Qapla'!

sfv692.jpg

s2gy21.jpg

kbvxg5.jpg

2gsmzaf.jpg

wjusup.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This must be new tool I built one of those when I was about 10 and it never had any detail on the engineering section

I'll look in on this it's made me one :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
I was 10 in 1977 so it's new tool to me :smiling3:
Your an old git then Alan ( I was born in 1968 ) I was 9 in 1977 ( still racing around on my Raleigh chopper!!

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this looks interesting and will be keeping an eye on it, ;)

First Name
Robert
\ said:
'Perhaps today is a good day to die!'
next thing on the bench.........Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser

i need to do something different and ive not done anything science fiction for a while, and since on another forum they have just started a sf gb it seemed the perfect oppertunity

picked this up in the MZ closing down sale a few years ago

theres a bit of argument over colour scheme, some say grey some say green......my plan is light grey over all......might pick some bits out in medium grey, and a darker grey panel wash

im also thinking of having a go at some form of lighting.......cant afford a proper led set up but i have a bold and cunning plan that might only cost me a quid!

my main worry is where im going to put it when its done!

Qapla'!

View attachment 139657

View attachment 139658

View attachment 139659

View attachment 139660

View attachment 139661
I'm so jealous I really wanted to get this kit when out but damn never got one

Damn damn damn

I've never gone into sci fI but I always loved the Klingons battleccuisers and birds of prey

I'm definatly in for this one.

Popcorn at the ready

Kind regards

Robert

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
apologies for lack of updates..........combination of crappy shift pattern when i dont feel like doing much, other stuff going on that demanded more attention and to be honest, not a lot to show!

ive made up as many sub assemblys as i can.......lots of filler needed on joints, still not finished yet

im not sure how im going to do the 'windows'...some i know i can put in after ive painted.......ive seen someone else do this and he just sprayed over the top then scraped away the paint cos they are too small to mask

tamiya bottle for scale

Qapla'!

2ahe6xf.jpg

D

dubster72

It's coming together! :smiling3:

On the windows, why not paint the area that surrounds them & then mask the resulting area with white tack. So when the whole model is painted (assuming you're doing it with an airbrush), the pre-painted bits should blend in....

Hmmm probably makes more sense in my head than it does from writing it!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
been a while since i posted any upates but i have been slowly plugging away at this

main problem has been everytime ive given i spray of paint its shown up some bit that i havnt filled/sanded enough.........its now had so many coats of paint i dare not give it any more.......and its taking so long to make any progress im in danger of losing interest so im just going to crack on with it and get it done so i can move on to the next thing i have planned

decals on, next step is some matt varnish over the top, then assembly, then i can think about how im going to light it up!!

Qapla'!

96j1g2.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

Looking good Paul,can't wait to see the lights.

D

Deleted member 4539

I wouldn't know where to start lighting a model.But still looking forward to this.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good, should look superb lighted.

J

Jase

This is shaping up nicely interested to see the final effect with all the lighting :cool:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well....its finished, but i cant take any pics til tomorrow during the day, but heres a teaser in the dark

200a4j7.jpg

Qapla'!