KMB modellbau germany/victor111

F

flyone2

Hi to all, recently I purchased this grp hull from KMB in germany with extras such as: bayonet ring,lexan tube,internal bulkheads,motor mount, but the hull is in one piece and there are no marks as where to cut it for the bayonet ring, so basically you could cut it in the wrong place which would be disasterous in my view, out of the three subs they produce this is the only one in one piece,also they are very well made,I have tried twice to email him but with no reply,asking him if there is a measurement from the stern as to where to cut it. has anybody purchased one of these subs? many thanks flyone2:thinking:

M

Mankster

I am pretty sure that non of the KMB kits are designed to be dry hull subs. All are wet hull with a water tight cylinder. The bayonet is supposed to fit on your WTC, not you hull. So it doesnt really matter too much where you cut the hull. Are you planning on having a traditional removable WTC or fitted to a bulkhead like Robbe kits?

F

flyone2

Hi mankster, Thank you for your reply,the wtc fits inside the bulkheads,but the bayonet ring od on one side has been tapered as if it fits inside the hull, it is to big for the wtc so I am presuming that it does fit the hull same as the robbe u47, as you say if it did fit the wtc why isn't it a good fit, flyone2

F

flyone2

Hi MANKSTER, IF YOU GO TO MY GALLERY I HAVE POSTED A COUPLE OF PICTURES RELATING TO THE SUB FLYONE2

M

Mankster

\ said:
Hi MANKSTER, IF YOU GO TO MY GALLERY I HAVE POSTED A COUPLE OF PICTURES RELATING TO THE SUB FLYONE2

So I am guessing the tapered part of the bayonet fits neatly in here? So you just need to measure the od of the bulkhead in the picture and find the corresponding point on the hull, add couple of millimeter as shown in the picture for clearance.

those little holes are there for you to pin the corresponding bulkhead (that fits to front part of the hull) to align it whilst you expoy it to the front hull.

Last edited: