KV-1 TypeC by Tamiya (1/35) Completed.

Hello!

Thanks for watching the build thread (http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/tamiya-1-35-kv-1-type-c.27225/).

I've finished it today. Was really struggling with the tracks. They were falling apart pretty much every couple minutes while working on the rest. I'm not happy with them, but still better than rubber crap. I've also had problems with decals. I think it was due to the age of the kit (42 years old!) and they haven't come off the decal sheet even after good 10 minutes spent in water. Finally I've managed to put on the small one instead of "For Stalin", which I wanted to put on. Plus it silvered a bit.

Anyways, there's the result:

Ufff..

What to do next? :smiling3:

P

Polux

I like the style of this tank...you have do a very personal weathering. The turret and those subtle touchs looks magnificent.

Great build ;)

T

treyzx10r

Awesome looking Tank,really nice touch on the weathering! Very nicely done Sir!

D

dubster72

That's excellent Bart! I love the shade of the mud, that's just like many pictures I've seen of Russian tanks from 1943 onwards.

You've got the perfect blend of weathering where it all hangs together & nothing looks overdone.

Top job sir!

Cheers

Patrick

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks like it's just driven out of the field and on to a blank page, excellent!!!

Lee :smiling3:

N

noble

\ said:
Hello!Thanks for watching the build thread (http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/tamiya-1-35-kv-1-type-c.27225/).

I've finished it today. Was really struggling with the tracks. They were falling apart pretty much every couple minutes while working on the rest. I'm not happy with them, but still better than rubber crap. I've also had problems with decals. I think it was due to the age of the kit (42 years old!) and they haven't come off the decal sheet even after good 10 minutes spent in water. Finally I've managed to put on the small one instead of "For Stalin", which I wanted to put on. Plus it silvered a bit.

Anyways, there's the result:

Ufff..

What to do next? :smiling3:

N

noble

This is a beautiful example of a KV nice paint work and cracking weathering.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top drawer model making, weathering at its very best IMO. Just superb.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
awesome build,agree with all the above cannot add more that whats been said ,lov it :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Fantastic piece of Russian armour very well painted , you say your not happy with the tracks ! I think you've made a very good job on them they look perfect to me I'd be very happy to see them on any build I made

Top job I like it :smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

Superb paintjob, weathering is impressive, with no particular left out.

Francesco