Kwajalein Atoll..February 1944....BANZAI!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well before my time this one...

Yet again, another masterpiece, top notch Ron

Lee :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

O.K. Ron, I give up where is the photo etch ;)

Maybe it's an age thing, but I think the B&W photo's are the best, guess I am used to seeing old B&W news reels when I was young. Cracking job as always Ron. Cheers Derek

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I am new to the site and am only starting to make my rounds of other members work. I have marveled at your 'mill' dio and was shocked to see it was 1/72! So then I said let me see what else this fellow is up to, so I saw your spread on 'wait till he gets to the bridge' After viewing it, I calmly turned off my computer walked to my lowly work area and laid in the fetal position for some time. after scaring the mrs. half to death [she thought I was in the midst of a stroke!] I tried to explain to her my reasoning but the words would not come out. you SIR are truly blessed with a talent that could only have given by the Almighty! Just the fact that you would even look at my pitiful offerings much less compliment them is very humbling indeed! I* don't know if I am inspired or a broken man. Only time will tell.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
I am new to the site and am only starting to make my rounds of other members work. I have marveled at your 'mill' dio and was shocked to see it was 1/72! So then I said let me see what else this fellow is up to, so I saw your spread on 'wait till he gets to the bridge' After viewing it, I calmly turned off my computer walked to my lowly work area and laid in the fetal position for some time. after scaring the mrs. half to death [she thought I was in the midst of a stroke!] I tried to explain to her my reasoning but the words would not come out. you SIR are truly blessed with a talent that could only have given by the Almighty! Just the fact that you would even look at my pitiful offerings much less compliment them is very humbling indeed! I* don't know if I am inspired or a broken man. Only time will tell.
Wow Jim, what an amazing (and amusing post)

Thank you for the humbling compliments.

Take a bit of time to look at your own work which we have been privileged to view recently. Quite, quite stunning, all a real credit to you. You have a great sense of the 'occasion' in your diorama work...Top marks.

You write you are making the rounds on here, take your time and enjoy the wealth of talent there is on here. Everything is covered by some stunning models, be it military, sci fi, boats, you name it.......

You will notice straight away there are no prima donnas or people who come over as being superior, nothing like that. I don't recall anyone trying to be either. Such people would soon get the message that we don't want 'that sort' here. Irrespective of skill level we all try and help one and other to improve.

You have chosen a great place to be a part of. Join in and have fun. We do!

Thanks again,

Ron

R

rogue-one

I looked forward to coming back on here and seeing what new diorama you have been working on.....and you didn't let me down ;) brilliant!