LagdPanzer IV, Revell 1/76

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
Need something easy and small to do..........the Mini is at that point where i cant do much whilst waiting for paint to dry............got a GB starting somewhere at the start of next month.........so just need something to keep me ticking over til then

Revel JagdPanzer IV in 1/76..........one of the old Matchbox kits

dont know if im going to use the base, not one of the nicest that Matchbox ever did

also think im going to brush paint this, too small to airbrush, i think

D

dubster72

I made the old Matchbox kit as a kid, didn't paint it, the 2 colour plastic was enough in those carefree days!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I knew this was an old matchbox kit it was the base that gave it away :smiling3:

It makes a nice little kit if I remember

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The base looks a bit iffy, but the rest looks okay, should look superb when you have worked your magic Paul.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

I love this tiny models :smiling3:

Mmmm...why you don't try to paint with the airbrush, is a good place to practice and challenge your own skills ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The base looks a bit iffy, but the rest looks okay, should look superb when you have worked your magic Paul.Si:smiling3:
Yeah but when you were a kid it was great :smiling3: to me this was the ultimate because airfix didn't do them so you thought they were better :D

But now it looks a bit iffy infact I think that template was used for other tank kits :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I built this kit last year and the tank makes a nice model but like the rest not to sure about the base and I airbrushed mine all one colour ;) Good luck with yours cheers John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I love this tiny models :smiling3: Mmmm...why you don't try to paint with the airbrush, is a good place to practice and challenge your own skills ;)
I think its just too small.....but we shall see when i get to that stage ;)

\ said:
Yeah but when you were a kid it was great :smiling3: to me this was the ultimate because airfix didn't do them so you thought they were better :D
ive always wondered why other makers didnt do the same.............even today i think it would be a great idea to do

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think its just too small.....but we shall see when i get to that stage ;) ive always wondered why other makers didnt do the same.............even today i think it would be a great idea to do
I agree Paul having a base to display the kit is a good idea , I remember back in the 70s airfix used to give a stand for aircraft they don't anymore mind you I think a lot of modellers can do more today with all the things you can buy of the shelf still it's a great idea for a starter pack :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I remember back in the 70s airfix used to give a stand for aircraft they don't anymore
thats cos they can make more money selling them as aftermarket items :rolleyes: but then no one does that any more, i used to like the Matchbox stands cos they were adjustable, and the ones in the dogfight doubles by Frog cos they looked quite neat

i just make my own, :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
with a tamiya jar so you can gauge the size of this tiddler!

as normal with armour ive added some weight to make it sit on the tracks, used some plasticine and a little lump of scrap steel i picked up somewhere

First Name
Aaron
This looks sweet, I think I'll get one. Do the tracks fit well?

J

John Huggins

Nice start Paul, I made a lot of this size tanks when I was at school, we used them to play war game's & I was the only one that could make them so I would spend a whole lesson building them,

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that looks familiar although if I remember rightly mine had more than a few glue finger prints on it than than yours Paul :D

Great start looking good