LagdPanzer IV, Revell 1/76

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Paul, and you know I always for to add some weight, to them, :rolleyes:

so a nice reminder ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i decided to have a go at airbrushing it...........having some serious AB problems.....my Iwata has decided to not want to play the game at all so i dug out an old badger AB that i gave up on about 3 years ago, gave it a mega clean and managed to get it to sort of work,.....still couldnt get a clean narrow line but this will do

the scurzen are just blutacked on so i could get the pattern of the paint to match the main part of the vehicle cos i staill havnt added the tracks yet and they would be almost impossible to go on after the scurzen are on

next stages are gloss coat, decals, wash, matt coat, weathering

had a play with the base,........im going to remove some of the dried mud, dont think it works properly, and i might add some flowers

D

dubster72

You've done a great job there Paul! Excellent AB work on something so small.

Cheers

Patrick

K

kevin

This build takes me back Paul. 1/76 armour for wargames, Airfix mostly. Shaky hand painting the tyres on roadwheels. Loverly.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
finished....

got the Scurzen side armour on, gave it all a wash. i used a old tin of enamel to make the wash and it didnt disolve properly, came out 'bitty' for want of a better discription, but i didnt realise until after i had applied it.....thing is i think it sort of worked!.....its all come out a bit grubby

wanted to add some mud and tried some textured stuff i picked up made by Citadel. its obviously supposed to be used for bases for little Warhammer figures but its still worth trying stuff out. seems a bit thin for stuff like 1/35 but seems ok on braille scale,...used a flat stiff synthetic brush to gently smear on here and there

played about with the base, added some little flowers just to break it up and give it some colour

more pics in the finished thread

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great build paul I really like it tank and base are spot on and the flowers are a nice touch and don't give up on the airbrush as I had numerous frustrating problems when I first starting using one but I managed to come through in the end and it was well worth the battle.its just a case of getting everything just right with your set up airbrush psi paint mixture etc good look mate cheers John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
thanks.........ive been using an airbrush for years,.....my current problems have nothing to do with mix or psi etc.....its a mechanical fault with the AB

N

noble

That looks very cool, I remember these little kits with the scenery. Very nice job mate and I like the paint work and finish.

scott