Land Rover 109' LWB

P

Polux

Land Rover Series III 109’ LWB

British Royal Army, IFOR Mission, Bosnia 1993

Italeri 6508 1/35 scale

Hi friends.

This is my second Landy in a few days....

Must say, I’m not especially pleased with it. The final result and the weathering don’t be as I want or expected. But this is the modelling; learn from your own mistakes!!

From other part, Richard suggests me to build a scratch canvas. After some exasperated attempts ( wasn’t my day :confused: ) I decided to paint and glue the original one.

Well, here is the finished model.

Thanks

Polux

View attachment 77006

View attachment 77007

View attachment 77008

View attachment 77009

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

A

Andy Mac

That's superb from where I'm looking, I had to double check that it was 1/35th, the weathering and effects make it look much larger.

Top job.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks excellent to me Polux . The weathering is perfect , great build , cheers tony

M

mobear

fantastic polux beautifully weathered and the canvas looks quite realistic 5*s mate

mobear

R

rememal

Nice work.

It`s a pity Italeri didn`t fix the incorrect wheels in what otherwise would be a great little kit.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Polux does it again that looks real! Fantastic!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another model from the great Polux-looks sooooooooooo simple in construction and paint-natural look and that's the genius of the art of modelling-something that looks unassuming is the one that actually has the most detail and work.

Superb mate.

Si:smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice Landy Polux. Very convincing weathering and a clean build.

Cheers

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Polux. A great build, this would look like a real Land Rover with a suitable back drop.

As an aside, the British Army, unlike the other armed services does not carry the 'Royal' title, although some individual regiments and units do have such a title. From memory this dates back to the English Civil War, after which the British Army (as it was subsequently) was made answerable directly to Parliament and not to the Monarchy.

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Superb work Polux. A great build, this would look like a real Land Rover with a suitable back drop.As an aside, the British Army, unlike the other armed services does not carry the 'Royal' title, although some individual regiments and units do have such a title. From memory this dates back to the English Civil War, after which the British Army (as it was subsequently) was made answerable directly to Parliament and not to the Monarchy.
It was after all Oliver Cromwell's "New Model Army"

I think the Land Rover looks superb and the weathering is a standard that most of us could only ever hope to achieve. I fully sympathise with the struggles of a scratch built canopy but, despite stunning weathering, it still ends up looking a bit 'solid'.

Another possibility I have seen is to attack the surface of the plastic canvas with a dremel to try to create some more realistic surface texture and, most importantly, creases. It might generate a bit more realism the next time you have a go at some canvas.

First Name
Mike
Must say, I’m not especially pleased with it. The final result and the weathering don’t be as I want or expected.
Seriously? I'd be delirious if I could weather my models that naturally. Great work Polux.

P

Polux

Thank you very much for your comments guys, are much apreciated!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks

Polux

N

noble

Excellent polux the paint work is spot on and the weathering is sublime... 10 out of 10 mate one to be proud of.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks like its been driven hard and put away wet!

nice work Polux.

I would really love a landy in real life. If it looked like that one even better!

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Outstanding build once again Polux, as you know i work in a Marine base where there are 100 of Landys, short wheel base & long wheel base, hard tops & soft tops.

From the look of yours i would say it's a hard top, i am at work tonight & will try and take some walk around pic's of all the types i can find.

Once again stunning build.

John