Land Rover Campaign.

P

Polux

Land Rover Campaign.

Hi all.

I’ve been a while without building any Land Rover. So it’s time to take off the dust on some models that I have on my stash.

I will build two (or maybe three) Land Rover at same time.....; an interesting exercise, that will help me to prepare, for my future German modern vehicles diorama.

Like the Four Seasons, I will differentiate the two versions on separated threads for each one.

MODEL A:

The item is the Defender 110 Hard Top by HobbyBoss 1/35 scale (Ref.82448).

View attachment 114220

The final result should be this TUM FFR of the 20 Armoured Brigade. (In fact I copied this model on 2011....a scratch build using a die-cast 1/18 model)

View attachment 114218

Or similar at this 16 Air Assault Brigade vehicle, the unit prepared the ISAF deployment in Kabul in 2002.

View attachment 114219

On the both versions I want to add some extras and complements.....

MODEL B:

The item is the Defender WMIK w/ MILAN ATGM by HobbyBoss 1/35 scale (Ref.82447).

View attachment 114206

The transformation will be nice.....anyway the most ambition project there, is build/find a good camouflage net.

I will inspire the model on these two photographs.

This TUL that belongs to the 1st Battalion The Princess of Wales´s Royal Regiment.

View attachment 114207

Or this TUM that belongs to the 1st Battalion 7th Duke of Edinburgh’s.

View attachment 114217

PS: As you can see, some frontal parts on the vehicles aren’t the same as the project that I wish to build. This is the reason that I reserve my own changes or simply add a new third vehicle.... :smiling3:

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_1381.JPG

DSC_1376.JPG

DSC_1377.JPG

DSC_1379.JPG

DSC_1380.JPG

DSC_1382.JPG

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very interesting project mate I look forward to seeing what you do:smiling3:

I wonder if you could help me out , I have the British army figures by master box and I'm looking for a Land Rover to go with them , could you tell me the best one to get for these figures

View attachment 114223

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I,also will be looking forward to see there's started and finished ,lol :D

P

Polux

\ said:
I wonder if you could help me out , I have the British army figures by master box and I'm looking for a Land Rover to go with them , could you tell me the best one to get for these figures
Hi Alan!

You can use the HobbyBoss MILAN ATGM (Ref.82447).

The WMIK from HobbyBoss as well (Ref.82446)

The 110 is also viable...it has the possibility to be build naked (without Hard Top). HobbyBoss (Ref.82448)

Are more expensive (resin), but Accurate Armour produce some excellent Land Rover that could be perfect for these figures!!

Hope this helps!!

Mmmm...I'm wishing to see you building a Land Rover :rolleyes:

P

Polux

\ said:
I,also will be looking forward to see there's started and finished ,lol :D
Good point Moni :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I like to learn and improve...so the major part of my models never be finished!!!

I will try to arrive to the end this time :D

P

phikoleoputra

Looking forward to the your build Polux. Now you make me want to build my Land Rover w/ Milan ATGM from the stash + resin details + PE

Well it's decided, I' m gonna build the Land Rover. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: But I know your reasult will be far more superior than mine lol

Hope you don't mind I'm tagging along....View attachment 114243

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan!
You can use the HobbyBoss MILAN ATGM (Ref.82447).

The WMIK from HobbyBoss as well (Ref.82446)

The 110 is also viable...it has the possibility to be build naked (without Hard Top). HobbyBoss (Ref.82448)

Are more expensive (resin), but Accurate Armour produce some excellent Land Rover that could be perfect for these figures!!

Hope this helps!!

Mmmm...I'm wishing to see you building a Land Rover :rolleyes:
Thanks Polux you've been a great help :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Well it's decided, I' m gonna build the Land Rover. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: But I know your reasult will be far more superior than mine lol
Yep! Nope!!

The only difference will be, that I will build, a different variant!!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I'm really GLAD to see you building a LR :D

Anyway I expect a completely step by step under construction thread!!! I want to observe and learn your way ;)

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan!!!
We have another taker!!!

I hope to see you soon there too :D
It might be a bit of a wait at the moment , I think they have the Milan in my LHS but it's a bit pricey for me at the moment so I'll take a look on eBay see if I can get a cheeper one:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This will be Epic..... I have to watch it.

P

Polux

Hi all!

Well....after a popular request, some members decided that the Land Rover could be the best model to recuperate the mojo. So here I am!!!

The victim, the MODEL A ;)

This is the chassis painted on black and black brown.

View attachment 117247

After some weathering and pigments. (There aren’t any washes there yet)

View attachment 117248

I primed the main body with two different green colours, as a preshade effect mode.

View attachment 117249

DSC_1459.JPG

DSC_1463.JPG

DSC_1460.JPG

P

Polux

MODEL A

And here is where I am actually.

As you can see the model isn’t 100% build yet. The Land Rover shows basic paintwork without any filter and washes yet.

I must say that I love the subtle preshade effect, but isn’t visible on the pics.... :sad:

After deliverance,.... I decided to go for a more new version, so I painted it on Olive Drab than the classic Mickey Mouse camouflage (Black/Dark Green).

View attachment 117250

View attachment 117251

View attachment 117252

View attachment 117253

Ps: ah! the wheels are not fited yet, so don't worry if you see them "incorrect" :smiling3:

Thanks

Polux

DSC_1486.JPG

DSC_1488.JPG

DSC_1472.JPG

DSC_1481.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh my,no flys on you Polux,what progress so fast,do real like the work on the chassis,its just surperb

and very nice work on the rest as well, ;)

P

Polux

Thanks guys and gals!

Moni. The kit is a good one, maybe it has some incorrect parts, but is really fast to build and the Hard Top version is inclusive more than the others :smiling3:

Now, hope don't fail the weathering!!!