Land Rover Series III 109' LWB

P

Polux

And this is the work of yesterday!

After looking some pictures, on my Land Rover books, I decided to try a new ¨system”.... :o

I primed all the set with black colour (Vallejo). Without waiting for the drying time, I paint the interior with a green-yellow primer colour too. After that, I shake a bit the green colour bottle ;) and I paint the Mickey Mouse camouflage without masking the set! :o Yes, free style with the air brush!!! That’s absolutely new for me :smiling3:

I’m really pleased with the result ;) and the camouflage has a very interesting look, seems more “natural and tenuous”. I see different kind of camouflage on the Land Rovers, some are like this and others have very “marked” the two colours between the green and black.

I do all the paint process with thirty minutes proximally, with a finally matt varnish coat, thirty minutes...what is happening to me this year? I always need days for do this after.... I go out of the wardrobe.... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: modelling talking!

Today I will glued all the set and add some oil wash or similar......

Hope all you like it.

Thanks for looking as always.

Polux

View attachment 76786

View attachment 76787

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

B

Bunkerbarge

I think the model is looking superb so far with an excellent rendition of the British Army Black over Olive camoflage.

Just a suggestion, I think the moulding of the soft top looks a bit too even and regular, how about making one from scratch? I would use foil as I have done with the canvas parts on my Ben Ain steamer but you could go for any one of a number of alternatives. Don't be tempted to try to create a canvas texture though as the surface texture in 1/35th scale wouldn't be very noticeable.

There is a boat cover and a coal bunker cover on this page to give you an idea:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/steamer-ben-ain.1711/page-7

I also made a canvas dodger for the bridge in the same way later on.

P

Polux

Thank you very much for the suggestion and idea Richard. And to reply on my thread too ;) .

Is very interesting what I see on your post, so I will make a try!

Thanks

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice Polux, great job on the camo, subtle looking and as you point out a more flowing and natural look.

Si:smiling3:

M

mobear

Polux you build and paint these beautifully mate,a credit to the land rover you are

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
nice start polux really like your camo work

B

bugsaint

Looks really good. Cant wait to see how it is progressing.