LARGE HASBRO STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is huge, I mean huge.

My lad with the MF.

View attachment 99235

This going to have the same treatment as the large X-wing I did. Lights and engine LED's.

Fancy shots of the X-wing...wish I hadn't sold it :sad:

View attachment 99236

View attachment 99244

View attachment 99237

So, this is where I am at the moment. Stripped down and all wiring in place with LED's, 4 hours work just faffing and drilling and then tracing faults. But it is now all done.

PP3-9 V plug-in battery box fitted, loads of room in the x-wing but finding a suitable place was not that easy in this beast, in the end it had to fit underneath.

View attachment 99238

Front lights fitted.

View attachment 99239

View attachment 99240

Rear engine in action.

View attachment 99241

Showing engine glow.

View attachment 99242

View attachment 99243

Still loads to do, painting etc.

Si:smiling3:

DSCF4348_zps8e3c3aea.jpg

LARGEX-WING3_zps7544f709.jpg

photo_0150181853qpjsmf_zpsde7dd161.jpg

P2076656_zps5pkqmjbr.jpg

P2076647_zpsluussgxe.jpg

P2076648_zpshauniua4.jpg

P2076649_zpszjamd7mj.jpg

P2076650_zpsmo0vu1pz.jpg

P2076652_zpsictzz6u7.jpg

LARGEXWING2_zps24a63a81.jpg

T

Tibbs

Wow.... Now thats a whopper, shall be keeping a beady eye on this, you might want to get a couple of RSJ's if your going to hang it from a ceiling.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great start buddy , just one teensy weensy thing , could you add another row of lights to the engine , don't get me wrong it looks great but I think another row of lights would make it look awsome :smiling3:

If you can't it will look awsome when you've worked your magic on it :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great start buddy , just one teensy weensy thing , could you add another row of lights to the engine , don't get me wrong it looks great but I think another row of lights would make it look awsome :smiling3: If you can't it will look awsome when you've worked your magic on it :D
No can do regarding the lights, they cost me £8 a strip as it is and I am not opening it back. However, they do have to be a housing fitting in front to defuse them, not sure how yet.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No can do regarding the lights, they cost me £8 a strip as it is and I am not opening it back. However, they do have to be a housing fitting in front to defuse them, not sure how yet.Si:smiling3:
That's a shame mate but as I say it will look excellent anyway so I don't know why I mentioned it :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's a shame mate but as I say it will look excellent anyway so I don't know why I mentioned it :D
Because you've got to nit-pick... :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I feel bad now , sorry :sad:
So ya should... :D Nowt to be sorry about, I didn't know if I could use two strips so instead of getting two and potentially wasting money, it was safer to go with one. Just got to figure out the cover.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
So ya should... :D Nowt to be sorry about, I didn't know if I could use two strips so instead of getting two and potentially wasting money, it was safer to go with one. Just got to figure out the cover.
I'm going upstairs now to have a really good think about my behaviour :sad:

The thing that springs to mind for a defuser would be a tight mesh but translucent if you can get it one

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow were to start on that one,

do like the added LED,s always do like them,

will look forward to the painting of this,and good luck, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Great start buddy , just one teensy weensy thing , could you add another row of lights to the engine , don't get me wrong it looks great but I think another row of lights would make it look awsome :smiling3: If you can't it will look awsome when you've worked your magic on it :D
....Another 3 rows has my vote Si :smiling3:

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys.

\ said:
Another 3 rows has my vote Si
Bit late now Peter, but saying that the one strip looks awesome in the dark. Going to hide it all behind a 3mm sheet of Perspex in translucent light blue...well that's the plane...hopefully.

T

Tibbs

\ said:
Thanks guys.Bit late now Peter, but saying that the one strip looks awesome in the dark. Going to hide it all behind a 3mm sheet of Perspex in translucent light blue...well that's the plane...hopefully.

Not one to be picky...... But there's no E in plan... Derrr:D:D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Not one to be picky...... But there's no E in plan... Derrr:D:D
*Tuts*...well spotted Amos...I'll give you that one. :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
The thing that springs to mind for a defuser would be a tight mesh but translucent if you can get it one
Hmmmmm, another good idea for me to look out for, ta mate.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
*Tuts*...well spotted Amos...I'll give you that one. :D
I spotted it as well ............. But I just couldn't bring myself to make an issue of it :rolleyes:

R

rogue-one

That is blooming big! might even be the size they made and used in the original movies ;) .......I was given the AMT star destroyer a few months ago as a birthday gift by a friend :smiling3: not sure when I'll get round to it, but could be good

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
PS...the LED lights are a great touch!
Cheers Booby, glad you like it, the SD is a beast and I am sure you will do it justice.

T

Tibbs

\ said:
I spotted it as well ............. But I just couldn't bring myself to make an issue of it :rolleyes:
I could:D, after he "owned" me in another thread, due to my spelling and grammer, made me laugh and hold up the old white flag...... But saw this and could not resist:p