Large Model Boat theft from Clubhouse

N

noobee captain

I regret to say that there has been a theft from the Largs Model Boat Club ...

Our boathouse was broken into last night & 16 models were stolen.

They range from tugs puffers fishing boats & 2 x 7 foot long naval vessels.

I reckon they must have used a truck to cart them all away.

Keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious deals on models.

Obviously if you hear of anyone offering these boats contact the police.

Thanks

B

Bunkerbarge

James,

If you can give us some sort of idea of what to look out for I would recommend to all that we keep a close eye on Ebay. I check the model boats most days and you can quite often spot something suspicious.

A

adzam

james if you could supply details, distinguishing marks, or better yet pictures, i`m sure we`ll all keep an eye out .

U

Uncivil Serpent

James,

To try and help out here have passed details round members of the Gosport club.

If anyone is going to try and sell these items, then either ebay, or down south here would be one of the favourite places.

Try also contacting John Cundell at Model Boats and Chris Jackson at Marine Modelling for help on publicity.

Good luck

Regards

chris

D

duncan

Bad news James, let police know about Glasgow River Festival being on same date, must be someone "in the know" in my opinion. Post a list here and in mags so we can keep an eye out for them.

A

ajg141

James

Really sorry to hear this. I have posted a message in the EMBC Forum and we'll pass on any info as requested. Here's hoping you get them all back.

Andrew

N

noobee captain

It is not my club and not a pond I sail in often so I only have one picture attached to an email I received from one of the committee. I have attached it below. I have asked him for a list of the boats stolen.

James

View attachment 13134

alba.jpg

N

new to trains

Another good one to put details on ' date='and pics if poss, is www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk
i would definately contact martin davis of modelboatmayhem- he is said to be the largest modelboat website now in relation to number of hits.... also he is a nice bloke!

sorry to hear about the thefts, hope the police can do some super sleuthing and recover the models....

D

dipstick

sorry to hear about this. and i will keep a look out at the local markets.

chris

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Really sad news for you guys,I really would hate to think that any of my models had been stolen,lets spread the news far and wide to catch these scumbags,any pictures would be appreciated to build a dosier of the stolen models.I feel sure that these models will appear,they are just too unique.

N

noobee captain

Just back from watching the tall ships at Newcastle.

The list is as follows .....

1x 7 foot 'fleet scale semi kit with sirmar fittings' aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal (R07) + plus red/yellow launching trolley - picture on website

1 x 7 foot Arleigh Burke destroyer pennat no 69 + launching trolley

1 x 3 foot west coast puffer - name on vessel Thor

1 x 4 foot QE2 + display stand - ex static shop display model - one off model

1 x 4 foot Research Vessel Discovery - only 2 made - picture on website

1 x 4 foot Perkasa MTB - wooden hull

1 x 3 foot approx Mersey Class Lifeboat - name on cabin Margaret Jean pennant No 1221

1 x 3 foot Calder Craft Swedish 1940's costal tanker - Branneran

1 x 33 1/2 inches Deans Marine Model - MFV Maggie - BLACK hull not green

1 x 4 foot RAF Fire Boat - wooden hull - believed to be the only one of type in Scotland

2 x Carlson tugs - 30 inches long approx - ready to run kits - picture on website

1 x 810mm Graupner kit - Bugsier 3 harbour tug

1 x 3 foot mobile marine model tug nangee - name on model 'Alba'

1 x 4 foot cabin cruiser - no name - powered by hectoperm 12v motor

Hand sets

1 x 6 channel 'sky sport' 40mghz

2 x 4 channel 'futaba' 40mghz - white casings

1 x 2 channel 40mghz

2 x 2 channel 'futaba' 27mghz

Charger

1 x futaba hand set charger

1 x futaba battery fast charger

You may like to peruse their webpage for the pictures mentioned above - some unique craft that should be easy to spot.

Last edited: