Last stand of the 45th- French Infantry at Waterloo

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Nothing I can add to all the plaudits from everyone! Except!!!
A master class in modelling. First rate Neil.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply stunning neil , a true labour of love . The build has been a pleasure to follow , and no doubt inspiring and informative for many of us too. Your attention to detail and skill in altering the figures is second to none , I only hope youre as pleased with it as we all are ! Take a bow mate , a proper good job , cheers tony

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Simply stunning neil , a true labour of love . The build has been a pleasure to follow , and no doubt inspiring and informative for many of us too. Your attention to detail and skill in altering the figures is second to none , I only hope youre as pleased with it as we all are ! Take a bow mate , a proper good job , cheers tony
Thanks Tony , I'm glad you've found it interesting, in spite of you being principally a wingy guy.
Bow taken, thank you!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Ok Dr. Merryweather...I have been studying this work of art for a few days now and have been truly amazed at your dilligence and top modeling skills in creating this scene. It was a long journey and well worth the wait. Two things have been found and are no way critical of it Neil...
Thank you Mr Dewire. I'm pleased it's kept you out of mischief for a bit.

In pics #2152.jpg and 2153.jpg, there appears to be a musket levitating in the air with the bayonet pointing upwards at 45°. I think this is an in-action thing where the kneeling fuselage was dropping it to attend to the fallen fuselage on the ground. If so, Wonderful idea Sir!!!
You are correct sir, well spotted!

And the second thing is, you need to go to the garden center........And buy a weed whacker!!!
well there's absolutely NO vegetation on the beach at Iwo Jima, so I should be ok for a while
Other than that, you've created a really magnificent dio my friend and there was no dancing involved. Respect!!!

Prost
Allen
That's very kind of you , but that last stretch was a right old fandango!