Last stand of the 45th- French Infantry at Waterloo

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done, Neil and a well deserved doggie award. The perseverance and fine finish is sweat well squeezed. Although we have grown older waiting at the finish line...it was worth it. Here's looking to the next epic build with limbs already dismembered left right and center. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That is spectacular, Neil. A standard for the rest of us to aspire to.
John.
Thank you John.
For what it's worth, I find the process of posting on this site really helps with the incentive to keep going when the mojo dips(and it also helps you remember where you got to when you've had a couple of months off...).

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well done, Neil and a well deserved doggie award. The perseverance and fine finish is sweat well squeezed. Although we have grown older waiting at the finish line...it was worth it. Here's looking to the next epic build with limbs already dismembered left right and center. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble
Thanks Wabble, you know all about perseverance!
As for the surgery on the next one, most of it is done already, but there's a lot of tweaking required.
Won't be long before I get properly stuck into that , I think.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Neil. that is simply wonderful. How you can keep at such an endeavour is beyond me. Simply superbe.
That must be a perfect companion to the Highlanders one that you made.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Neil. that is simply wonderful. How you can keep at such an endeavour is beyond me. Simply superbe.
That must be a perfect companion to the Highlanders one that you made.
Many thanks Ian, I'm glad you like it. Yes it's been a bit of a slog at times but I honestly find that posting on the forum really helps sustain the motivation. And with such a long project it's a useful way of reminding myself where I had got to when I have one of my mojo dips...
And also,to be REALLY honest, going back and reading people's kind comments is a fantastic confidence boost .
And yes, it sits next to the Scots Greys Charge dio, but I'm going to get a battery turntable for it, because it really does need to be seen from all sides.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Dr. Merryweather...I have been studying this work of art for a few days now and have been truly amazed at your dilligence and top modeling skills in creating this scene. It was a long journey and well worth the wait. Two things have been found and are no way critical of it Neil...

In pics #2152.jpg and 2153.jpg, there appears to be a musket levitating in the air with the bayonet pointing upwards at 45°. I think this is an in-action thing where the kneeling fuselage was dropping it to attend to the fallen fuselage on the ground. If so, Wonderful idea Sir!!!

And the second thing is, you need to go to the garden center........And buy a weed whacker!!!

Other than that, you've created a really magnificent dio my friend and there was no dancing involved. Respect!!!

Prost
Allen