Leaving modelling

T

Tony

Well at leadt you have a firm conviction in what direction you want to take in your hobbies and that is important. I wish you all the best in your new adventures.

J

John Rixon

Good luck Graham, with whatever you do (and you can ask me anytime about digital video editing, should you need advice!!) will miss your builds.
John

F

Fenlander

Well. That could have been the shortest retirement in history.

I have been learning a lot on the video front and really enjoying it. However, a couple of weeks ago I went out to shoot some clips and it was a really cold day. I don’t drive so I had a bus journey and then a mile and a half walk to where I wanted to shoot. Got there ok but after a few hours, I started to realise my left knee ( my good one) was giving me jip. I managed to get home but was in real pain all night so went back to docs. He confirmed that the arthritis issues I had with my right knee was now seriously affecting my left. He also checked and found I had high blood pressure, something I have never suffered from.

To cut a long story short, the painkillers I was on were not doing my BP any good and the doc took me off them. He also advised me that trudging around in the cold weather was not a great idea as the cold would make it worse. So, I have to stay warm and take it easy for a while. So, until the warmer weather returns, I need to be indoors limiting my daily walk exercise to an hour or less.

Being cooped up after a great summer of getting out and about was driving me mad so there was only one thing for it! Yesterday, I got my modelling bench set up again so it looks like you are stuck with me again...... sorry about that;)

T

Tony

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who wants to be out in this weather unless you really have to be.

Hope your building keeps you entertained. It would be nice to say "there is something good on the tv" but saw on the news today what the bbc are going to torture us with over the festive season - dire to say the least.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice to see you back again. Models used to be my winter sport, with other activities taking its place in the summer. No reason why you can't do something similar.

A

Awins

Sorry to learn of your arthritis Graham my doc also informs me that the pain I have in my hips has shown up ad arthritis too.
Anyway lets stay positive, Looking forward to viewing some more of those super builds of yours. Welcome home Graham.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Welcome back...
The problems of growing older....
I feel your pain, literally...

F

Fenlander

Sorry to learn of your arthritis Graham my doc also informs me that the pain I have in my hips has shown up ad arthritis too.
Anyway lets stay positive, Looking forward to viewing some more of those super builds of yours. Welcome home Graham.

It is not a great feeling is it? I had nearly four years of virtual immobility with my right knee. Just got that working again and the left one goes, not happy.......

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Welcome back I tried the go away for a rest trick I managed four days I just couldn't stay away.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great to see you back Graham! Take it easy and stay indoors in the warm all winter , nice!! Hope the arthritis starts easing off and looking forward to seeing some builds , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Great to see you back Graham! Take it easy and stay indoors in the warm all winter , nice!! Hope the arthritis starts easing off and looking forward to seeing some builds , cheers tony

Lol, sounds nice and it isn’t bad for a few days but when you see ‘stay indoors’ as your future, it is a tad worrying :D

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome back. Can't think of a better way of resting than being at the bench.

S

Stevekir

It is not a great feeling is it? I had nearly four years of virtual immobility with my right knee. Just got that working again and the left one goes, not happy.......
My knees gradually increased in pain and in 2010 I had one totally replaced. Huge success. I then had the other as well. Within a couple of months my knees became prefect, and remain so. A huge success.

So, have them chopped is my advice (but one at a time or you will fall over! BTW, the operation all0wsed me to stand immediately the anaesthetic has worn off. Six weeks later or less, back to normal. But you must do the simple knee exercises for that six weeks but that's no problem.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good to see you back behind the bench.
I know to well about the cold and damp. That is what put paid to my fishing.