Lee Drennen’s 1/72 MPC/Airfix Mosquito F.B. VI.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I decided to go back with this one before time runs out I’m going to try to get as much done as possible. Looking at the kit is really not as bad as I once thought. The Wheels are horrible might have to go with some aftermarket ones and maybe decals 02AE94F4-E211-488B-8D1E-320BC95321E9.jpeg0B3CCB79-4E71-4A1B-A6B1-CEA710E0D12C.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A bit of gappage indeed! Good luck!

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ian. Thanks for the complement I have a idea how to tackle this problem or I my just fill the gap with Tamiya mud.

Andrew. Going to need a lot of luck on this build but that’s what I’m good at making a purse out of a pigs ear as Rick H would say.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I love how the box says '1/72 constant scale kit'...as if it's warning you it's all over the place until it stands still..
oh and what's the 'customizing decals' ? are we talking stick on flames and pin stripes for a hot rod version ?...lol

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I love how the box says '1/72 constant scale kit'...as if it's warning you it's all over the place until it stands still..
oh and what's the 'customizing decals' ? are we talking stick on flames and pin stripes for a hot rod version ?...lol
They were so hideous I pitch them some circus looking junk they are water slide though. Not building on the Box what’s in the box.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry guys but I’m stopping this build its just to junky I can’t make it look right to me it’s too outdated and the molds seems to be wore out. I think I’m going back to my original plan and build the Monogram 1/48 scale one.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I don't blame you Lee. This is one of those kits that simply isn't worth your time and effort as the result will always disappoint you.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry guys but I’m stopping this build its just to junky I can’t make it look right to me it’s too outdated and the molds seems to be wore out. I think I’m going back to my original plan and build the Monogram 1/48 scale one.
Sorry to hear that this kit is giving so much trouble Lee,
Looking forward to seeing the Monogram build.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
As the others have said, sorry to hear about the problems Lee.

I built a 50+ year old Monogram kit a couple of years ago and for such an old kit it turned out very well. Hope yours is the same.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry to hear that this kit is giving so much trouble Lee,
Looking forward to seeing the Monogram build.
Yes me too I should have stuck with it in the first place

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
As the others have said, sorry to hear about the problems Lee.

I built a 50+ year old Monogram kit a couple of years ago and for such an old kit it turned out very well. Hope yours is the same.

Andrew
Andrew I had a old Airplane builder tell me one time monogram was top-of-the-line I can believe it I’ve never had any trouble with a monogram. I’ll probably just start a thread after the GB is done at a later time.