Leiji Matsumoto Tribute - Movie 'Arcadia

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Famed manga artist Leiji Matsumoto died recently at age 85. He's most well known as the creator of 'Space Battleship Yamato' (known as 'Starblazers' in the US), 'Galaxy Express 999', 'The Cockpit' and Space Pirate Captain Harlock. The Sagami river bus operating in Tokyo is one of his designs

This is the version of Harlock's pirate battleship 'Arcadia', from the movie 'Arcadia of My Youth' released in the mid-eighties. The kit is nominally 1/1000 scale, if memory serves, coming out at 25cm long.

IMG_1215.JPGIMG_1216.JPGIMG_1217.JPGIMG_1218.JPG

The stand is hinged to give her the soaring look. I built her waaaay back in the 'nineties.

I must get around to building my 'Yamato' from the original series some time. It's nearly 50 cm long....

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Famed manga artist Leiji Matsumoto died recently at age 85. He's most well known as the creator of 'Space Battleship Yamato' (known as 'Starblazers' in the US), 'Galaxy Express 999', 'The Cockpit' and Space Pirate Captain Harlock. The Sagami river bus operating in Tokyo is one of his designs

This is the version of Harlock's pirate battleship 'Arcadia', from the movie 'Arcadia of My Youth' released in the mid-eighties. The kit is nominally 1/1000 scale, if memory serves, coming out at 25cm long.

View attachment 478005View attachment 478006View attachment 478007View attachment 478008

The stand is hinged to give her the soaring look. I built her waaaay back in the 'nineties.

I must get around to building my 'Yamato' from the original series some time. It's nearly 50 cm long....
Love it - that thing is crazy!!