Lift off for Revell 1/1444 Saturn V

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi all,

Finally finished this beast ( except for satin varnish after the decals have fully settled ). This is a factually incorrect kit with a lack of any internal detail so I added quite a bit of detail based on photos but in no way does this purport to be any official Apollo launch vehicle. It went together quite well but there was a lot of flash present and the rectification of the joints on the various cylindrical stages was a massive learning curve which I got about 75% right.
Builds into a very impressive display piece with which I can bore my grandkids as it comes apart to show all the various components. A thoroughly enjoyable 170 hour build that I am proud to display.

Loads of photos to follow and the last 3 are how it looks in my cabinet.
All comments and critiques welcome.

Stefan.
rocket 1.jpg rocket 2.jpg rocket 3.jpg rocket 4.jpg rocket 5.jpg rocket 6.jpg rocket 7.jpg rocket 8.jpg rocket 9.jpg rocket 10.jpg rocket 11.jpg rocket 12.jpg rocket 13.jpg rocket 14.jpg rocket 15.jpg rocket 16.jpg rocket 17.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Stefan WOW what a model an brilliant idea on the enginge flames really love this model very well done sir
chrisb

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The flames and stuff in the cabinet are begging for an explanation of how they’re done :smiling3: A dome-shaped lamp with cotton wool over it, perhaps?

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi Jakko,
Spot on, it's a Himalayan Salt crystal lamp orange/yellow/white in colour with an old cushion's stuffing draped over it. Twas my missus who suggested it and I am really impressed with the effect.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Cool, I first thought it was some very complicated, high-skill bit of modelling, but then I looked better and thought it looked like cotton wool, lit up from underneath :smiling3: Nice to see I guessed right.