Lim 5P "White 435"

M

msm2

This is the 1:48 HobbyBoss Mig-17PF Fresco D but will be built as the Lim 5P. This is too ease myself back into modelling. First up is the box art and sprues.

Tonights work has been assembling the VK-1F engine. Part glued and dry fitted.

Tony

T

treyzx10r

Tony looking forward to watching this build come together!

B

Bunkerbarge

I've never really taken to Migs, too boring a shape for me, but this kit does have an amazing level of detail. I'm looking forward to you changing my mind with this model.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice tony, looks like a good kit, do they supply a trolley for the removeable tail section ,so you can see the engine? tony

M

msm2

The kit doesnt have a trolley for the tail section. The whole fuselage is glued together, but saying that I think it could be tweaked so the tail is removeable.

Tony

M

msm2

Had a look tonight at having the tail section removeable and sitting it on a trolley like the Tamiya and Trumpeter kits have. With a small alteration it can be done. Very handy having two of the 1/32 Trumpeter Mig-17's in the stash. I can use them as a guide to build the trolley.

Tony

First Name
Aaron
What a cool looking kit and im looking forward to seeing it built up. Yay alterations = fun.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi tony , the break in the front and back halves of the fuselage is where the actual joint is on the real thing . So dont glue the front fuselage section to the back , then all youve got to do is build a trolley to put the back bit on. I considered having the engine exposed on my 1/32 trumpeter mig 17 but at that scale the engine would have needed loads of extra detailing to malke it look ok, and after the marathon of alterations just to the airframe ,i couldnt be bothered!!! cheers tony