Lime Green Colour Paint

M

mule4468

Hi

Does anyone know how to make a Lime Green Colour. I've got different Whites (Titanium, Gloss, Pearl, Matt and Gloss and differing Greens (Olive, Sap) in similar "sheens" and was hoping someone has a suggestion as to how to make this particular colour, or do I have to buy a ready mixed variety, if there is one.

Thanx

p.s. It is for a Motorbike

Ian

Last edited:
C

CDW

without going into colour percentages etc there's an easy way to achieve Lime.

Get a basic bright leaf green and just add bright (preferable a full tone not pale tone) yellow to it until you get the colour you want.

If (due to the little descrepences in your base colours) you get a lime that the basis "tone" is about right but looks too bright then you can pull the colour back with a minute touch of red.

Don't forget to paint a scrap piece of whatever it is you're painting to see how it dries.

S

sprayman

If its Kawasaki green your trying to mix then the mix formula is:

https://colorrite.com/product/kawasaki-617-new-lime-green-1504.cfm

Thalo Green

Yellow Oxide

Perm yellow

White

Unfortunately I dont spray bikes, so I dont have the ratios on my PC, but may give you an idea of the mix to experiment with...But if its lamborghini Lime green, which is better known as verde scandal then that mix is a "secret" and I dont have access to its mix contents.

Ray

M

mule4468

\ said:
If its Kawasaki green your trying to mix then the mix formula is:https://colorrite.com/product/kawasaki-617-new-lime-green-1504.cfm

Thalo Green

Yellow Oxide

Perm yellow

White

Unfortunately I dont spray bikes, so I dont have the ratios on my PC, but may give you an idea of the mix to experiment with...But if its lamborghini Lime green, which is better known as verde scandal then that mix is a "secret" and I dont have access to its mix contents.

Ray

Thanks Ray, the colour is pretty close to what I'm looking for: Its actually a Honda 250CR Motocross bike and rather than using red and black (Honda Colours), I thought of Bright Green/Lime Green and Black ..... just to be different :cheers:

S

sprayman

The lime green and black looks well on bikes....hope you put some pics up when you have finished it...