Little Green Men....On Holiday In Ukraine (The Build)

First Name
Peter
....and the little green men. Or at least they will be. I'm going to have to make a few changes to arm positions and stuff ..
Just don't forget to put them in some RNR poses :smiling3: maybe some drinks and girls - accordnig to Russian statements on holiday visit to Ukraine. I bet Vladimir saw the "Vice" movie and thought: "If Americans have their ultimate resort, so why shouldn't Russians have one - just in real cause it's cheaper?"

Can't wait to see more. I'll be watching your build. Good luck!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Saw videos of real tigers in action and they are fierce little cats! off road they put hummers and what ever that thing is you guys over there have to shame!:eek:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Just don't forget to put them in some RNR poses :smiling3: maybe some drinks and girls - accordnig to Russian statements on holiday visit to Ukraine. I bet Vladimir saw the "Vice" movie and thought: "If Americans have their ultimate resort, so why shouldn't Russians have one - just in real cause it's cheaper?"
Can't wait to see more. I'll be watching your build. Good luck!
Thanks Peter ....... Things are a bit slow right now. Unfortunately work is interfereing with my modelling something wicked.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Saw videos of real tigers in action and they are fierce little cats! off road they put hummers and what ever that thing is you guys over there have to shame!:eek:
......... I'm not sure we have anything much Jim.??? We have some old Land Rovers they put a machine gun on and called it a WMIK ........ and the Jackal ....... But I'm not sure they are really up to much, I worked on that project ......... So when the Russians arrive here we'll just have to hope the price of Diesel will slow 'em down a bit. :rolleyes:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
......... I'm not sure we have anything much Jim.??? We have some old Land Rovers they put a machine gun on and called it a WMIK ........ and the Jackal ....... But I'm not sure they are really up to much, I worked on that project ......... So when the Russians arrive here we'll just have to hope the price of Diesel will slow 'em down a bit. :rolleyes:
I am a HUGE fan of Russian military vehicles! Mind , they only have to move armies and their stuff over land and may I say though mostly flat has beaten every invader in modern history. Their trucks and wheeled combat vehicles are some of the best in the world and very numerous! thank God for the Big Pond :eek: :oops:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I am a HUGE fan of Russian military vehicles! Mind , they only have to move armies and their stuff over land and may I say though mostly flat has beaten every invader in modern history. Their trucks and wheeled combat vehicles are some of the best in the world and very numerous! thank God for the Big Pond :eek: :oops:
......I hear they have a top secret "Pontoon Bridge" that'll stretch ...........:rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I've spent the evening cleaning up the suspension and steering components .... Final leg on the chassis. I'm waiting on the glue for a couple of sub assemblies to dry then I can assemble the rest tomorrow .............. I'm still not sure whether to assemble the front and rear assemblies (they go on the chassis as two separate complete units) and spray them or paint each of the parts and then assemble them???? ........... I'll see what tomorrow looks like when I'm less tired.

Peter

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
......I hear they have a top secret "Pontoon Bridge" that'll stretch ...........:rolleyes:
Never underestimate our Russian "friends" I've seen videos of bridge companies that can span The Channel if they put their minds to it! Was a 'Bridger" for a while myself back in the by gone days of the seventies {7th Combat Engineers} and all we ever heard back then was "Gotta keep up with the Rooskies" Very formidable opponents indeed! Their plans for European domination take very seriously all of the rivers that run perpendicular to their advances :eek:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Never underestimate our Russian "friends" I've seen videos of bridge companies that can span The Channel if they put their minds to it! Was a 'Bridger" for a while myself back in the by gone days of the seventies {7th Combat Engineers} and all we ever heard back then was "Gotta keep up with the Rooskies" Very formidable opponents indeed! Their plans for European domination take very seriously all of the rivers that run perpendicular to their advances :eek:
........and now they've just offered Greece a bailout loan, after the EU / Germans turned them down ........ and in return they want use of the port of Thessaloniki ....... Now that'll be interesting. Russian ships using a port in a NATO country.......and the Russians are going to invest a potload of cash in the Greek railways...... Purpose made transport link ............ and I bet NATO and the EU sleepwalk right past that .........:eek:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
........and now they've just offered Greece a bailout loan, after the EU / Germans turned them down ........ and in return they want use of the port of Thessaloniki ....... Now that'll be interesting. Russian ships using a port in a NATO country.......and the Russians are going to invest a potload of cash in the Greek railways...... Purpose made transport link ............ and I bet NATO and the EU sleepwalk right past that .........:eek:
Lest we offend! :oops:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I've finally managed to get the chassis finished ............ A couple of minor dramas. But nothing that couldn't be put right with a few expletives ......... It's pretty much all Russian Green & Black .......... I gave it a wash ...... and just a little bit of a salt deposit here and there ....... I discovered that quite by accident when I built the Viper that if you don't mix the mica in the "Matt Coat" rattle can well ........Then you get little white speckles that look just like road salt, so I gave it a light dusting just enough to take away the nice fresh paint look ..........

I can put this away and move on to the floorpan & interior .........

Peter

View attachment 104191

View attachment 104192

View attachment 104193

View attachment 104194

DSCN1250.JPG

DSCN1255.JPG

DSCN1257.JPG

DSCN1254.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the look of that so far nice little touches, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
............. and "Eric" has decided it'll be great fun to "bat it off the table with his paw" ........ onto the floor and it's snapped in two right where the red line is ............

View attachment 104292

Luckily it's a clean break both sides, and nothing else is damaged .......... So after I've finished torturing a full confession out of him ....... I'll put it back together.

Peter

DSCN1253a.jpg

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
...... Eric seemed to think so as well......... Or may he just didn't like it.

Peter

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol, well pussa do like things that fly when they paw it,bad Eric,my do the same things like that all the time

lost count of how mean figures i have lost,:rolleyes:

lucky its an easy fix for you,may pushed the AB of the bench and bent the needle,very bad ,but it still works some what,o_O

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
oh lol, well pussa do like things that fly when they paw it,bad Eric,my do the same things like that all the time
lost count of how mean figures i have lost,:rolleyes:

lucky its an easy fix for you,may pushed the AB of the bench and bent the needle,very bad ,but it still works some what,o_O
It's back in one piece and up higher than "Fat Eric" can climb .................. :sad:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The Dashboard and Gearbox cover are done ........... The Decals for the instruments were pretty much useless ...... They are too big for the bezels......... I tried to get them on for ages with lots of decal softener but they just weren't going on ........... So for now, they are painted white ............

Most of the other internal parts, seats, upper hatch gunners support and ammo rack are now cleaned up and assembled .......... They can have some paint when they've dried properly overnight.........

View attachment 104751

View attachment 104752

View attachment 104753

View attachment 104754

View attachment 104755

View attachment 104756

DSCN1267.JPG

DSCN1268.JPG

DSCN1269.JPG

DSCN1270.JPG

DSCN1271.JPG

DSCN1272.JPG