'LITTLE SOLDIERS' DUNKIRK DIO WITH A TWIST. UNDER CONSTRUCTION. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4/5.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Oh yes I love the paint job on those cans and drums it's got a realistic quality to it mate :smiling3:
Cheers mate, just AB in olive drab and then highlighted with dry-brushed silver enamel.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Cheers mate, just AB in olive drab and then highlighted with dry-brushed silver enamel.Si:smiling3:
Well you've produced a great effect mate :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very good job on those barrels Si.
Thanks Joe, going to add a light rust wash in places just to tone down the metal scraping look.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just a small update, was intrigued by the use of Mig rust pigments used on some of the outstanding builds I have viewed on here, so was bought some for Xmas. I am waiting for a old rust but wanted to try the light rust.

Lesson learned is a little goes a long way lol.

The barrel edges are still bugging me so will have to address them, maybe a cover or something may hide them.

View attachment 75326

View attachment 75327

View attachment 75328

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2253.JPG

DSCF2254.JPG

First Name
Richard
Nice Si:smiling3:,

Love the idea.

Keep it going, as for the barrels they look good as they are, although maybe some matt varnish could do the trick to satisfy yourself. :D :D

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice Si:smiling3:,Love the idea.

Keep it going, as for the barrels they look good as they are, although maybe some matt varnish could do the trick to satisfy yourself. :D :D

Cheers Richi
Cheers Richi, glad you like it. It is where the barrels meet, at the ends near the seams. I sanded and thought I had sorted them...oh, well. I am sure some debris or a gun or something will hide it lol.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good Si :smiling3:

Looking at the frame of time the barrels have been there decides the level of rust so it's no biggie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looking good Si :smiling3: Looking at the frame of time the barrels have been there decides the level of rust so it's no biggie
Cheers Al, I think that too much rust has been applied on the barrels may add some more silver or add a light dark wash to grime them up a bit, I had the smallest amount of powder or so I though lol, I know for next time.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Mate they could have been there for a few days , the salty spray in the air would rust them quite quickly :smiling3: but it's your dio so you can do what you want

I think it looks great :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
\ said:
Cheers Richi, glad you like it. It is where the barrels meet, at the ends near the seams. I sanded and thought I had sorted them...oh, well. I am sure some debris or a gun or something will hide it lol.Si:smiling3:
Hi Si,

sorry mate I thought you were talking about the shiny of the metal. But as you noticed I didn't even see what u meant, had too look again.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And with that, it is so that the barrels look great.

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lol, they can't be that bad then...maybe just me :D

J

John Huggins

Nice one Si looking good, i think the Bren looks a little on the clean side, but thats just me.

Hope u dont mind me saying.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice one Si looking good, i think the Bren looks a little on the clean side, but thats just me.Hope u dont mind me saying.

John
Don't mind anything John. I got the gun off Alan and he already had painted it, rather well too so that saved me a job lol. It is a new issue only been in service a few months hence why it is new looking lol, have a Boys Anti-Tank gun and a Lewis gun to make up so they maybe a bit more...scuffed. Thanks for the heads up, sometimes others can see something that you may have missed, I do it all the time, make something, mean to add to it but forget and then just plonk it on the board lol.

Glad you like it John.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
UPDATE.

I have added some rungs down the side of the jetty, made from staples, painted then light rust added. Figures painted and placed, tin hat on little lad, the other lad has a slightly misshapen head, he should have a cap on but is going to have a French Adrian helmet when it arrives.

Still loads to do, some darker rust to add, more abandoned weapons, tin hats etc...that's before I even start on the water.

View attachment 75383

View attachment 75384

View attachment 75385

View attachment 75386

View attachment 75387

DSCF2256.JPG

DSCF2257.JPG

DSCF2261.JPG

DSCF2262.JPG

DSCF2264.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looking good Si. The staples make good rungs :smiling3:
Thanks Joe, I wanted to make a rung ladder but was pondering over what to do. Was going to make some out of wire but then the staples seemed to be a perfect way.