Lner

B

black5

I'd like to build a layout based on an LNER theme but, when I look at the steam era in N Gauge, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of GWR with everything else coming in a poor second.

Is this an accurate assessment of the present position and where should I look for LNER?

Tim.

B

black5

To answer my own question, I suggest the following manufacturer/supplier for L.N.E.R. locomotives.

Union Mills Models

Dept. RM

5 Union Mills Trading Estate

Braddan

ISLE OF MAN

IM4 4AB

Recommend sending a First Class stamp (U.K. residents).

Very competitive on price (circa UKP 69.00), but stock is limited.

A

adrian norris

Go with the flow

Just model the Great Way Round,more chioce and options.

A

adrian norris

Go with the flow

Just model the Great Way Round, more choice,quicker,more options and easier.

L

linebacker55

just a suggestion;

I model in OO gauge but I can see your predicament. As there are fewer N gauge manufacturers, the output is always going to be disproportional, and restricting liveries to suit a limited market of 'limiting' modellers only adds to the relative scarcety of LNER models...

So...here's a suggestion...Oxford was one of those places where you would have had all of the big four liveries present. Southern came up from Bournemouth, changed engines with LNER from Leeds, and took the train back down to the coast. LMS certainly came down from Snow Hill in Birmingham to Oxford as it was an old LNWR station. GWR went through it and round it, so it gives you scope to utilise all liveries, coupled with the freight routes...

All the best...jules

T

Task Force 57

Graham farish used to produce some great LNER rolling stock, his loco's were fantastic as well...but yes, he did have a serious bias towards GWR in his stock...due to the high demand for the most popular (in sales terms) steam region in the 1980's... and the lack of new production runs on the older lner stock.

Id look at going to a few of the larger mod rail conventions or checking the N gauge boards... you will find what you seek.