Looking for feedback on ICM kits.

C

chris2681

Hey guys, I was just wondering who has built any Icm 1/35 military kits and what you thought of them. They sell for pretty cheap on ebay and have some really interesting trucks (especially german ww2 stuff). Im thinking of bidding on one or two but just wanted to know if they were quality kits. Thanks.

Chris

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering who has built any Icm 1/35 military kits and what you thought of them. They sell for pretty cheap on ebay and have some really interesting trucks (especially german ww2 stuff). Im thinking of bidding on one or two but just wanted to know if they were quality kits. Thanks.
Chris
Any brand would be difficult for you....... :P

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks like it's just you an me and

Dave the insomniac the rest of our friends "modeling dream land" so what kind of a melee can we start for tomorrow? :eek:

T

treyzx10r

I've done some aircraft ICM and they are decent,not done any ground pounder stuff tho so not much help . Looking forward to seeing whatever eeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiil u guys stir up tho!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i did do a couple 1.72 trucks and they did seam to have a lot of detail in them,if this go,s onto 1.35.

i think take a punt with one and see how you like it, ;)

T

tommy1drop

Hi Chris go for them, nice kits plenty of detail, engines etc, the only thing I would say to look out for on them is the tiny thin pieces that are very difficult to cut off the sprues, but saying that, Miniart are the same, other than that, they are excellent kits to build, I`ve got plenty of them and would swear by them;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have only built their aircraft kits, and they where fine. Good detail, pretty good fit and well detailed. Some might moan about an absence of location pins.

Good kits at a good price.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Looks like it's just you an me and
Dave the insomniac the rest of our friends "modeling dream land" so what kind of a melee can we start for tomorrow? :eek:
It could also be that the most of us are asleep. Time difference and all that...

now behave.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is something I've wondered about , I see quite a few of these kits at shows going for reasonable prices but I never new what they were like cheers for asking guys :smiling3:

C

chris2681

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Im gonna give one a go. :D

C

chris2681

\ said:
Hi Chris go for them, nice kits plenty of detail, engines etc, the only thing I would say to look out for on them is the tiny thin pieces that are very difficult to cut off the sprues, but saying that, Miniart are the same, other than that, they are excellent kits to build, I`ve got plenty of them and would swear by them;)
Tommy, would say the plastic is almost brittle? Ive done a few older Zvesda kits and they were a real pain due to parts just snapping. Would you say they are similar?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's a combo of fine parts and heavy gates. You just need to be careful when you cut them off. I don't recall the plastic being to bad to work with.