Lotus 25 and Honda RA272 (repost with better pics)

S

sideshowbob

I know a few people were interested in seeing some better photos of the Lotus, and some photos of the Honda. These arent great but they are the best i can do at the moment. Im not too happy with the Honda (i hate trying to paint gloss white), and these photos show the worst bits of both cars!

M

munkster

They look LOVELY. Very tempted to pick up one or the other (or maybe BOTH!!) myself now.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Two Very nice cars. Grand Prix cars have always drawn me more that the modern F1 things.

I have the Honda in 1/12 from Tamiya, Would like to get some others but the prices on e-bay are silly now.

Great finish in the Lotus.

Ian M

S

sideshowbob

\ said:
Two Very nice cars. Grand Prix cars have always drawn me more that the modern F1 things. I have the Honda in 1/12 from Tamiya, Would like to get some others but the prices on e-bay are silly now.

Great finish in the Lotus.

Ian M
I have the very same 1/12 Honda waiting to be made! Im waiting until my modeling skills improve somewhat. As you say, the kits are so expensive now i would never forgive myself if i didnt build it perfectly.

I also have some of the others waiting to build in the tamiya 1/12 big scale series. These are;- Ferrari 312B, Porsche 935 Martini, Tyrell Ford, Lotus 72D, Matra MS11, Lotus type 78, Martini Brabham BT44B.

The dilemma im having is whether these are now too valuable to build.

S

sideshowbob

\ said:
They look LOVELY. Very tempted to pick up one or the other (or maybe BOTH!!) myself now.
If you are only going to pick up one, make it the Lotus. Its far easier to do a good job on, and much more satisfying to build.

B

Bunkerbarge

Two beautiful models of superb cars. You have made a cracking job of them and they really look superb together. I never actually realised that the Honda had a transverse engine. I made the larger scale version when I was very young and have always hankered after doing it again. It came with a motor but it was far too weak and the model only just moved across the floor.

Fabulous gloss finish and lovely detail on the engine. I guess you now need a red Ferrari to really set them off!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
You've done a cracking job Tim, the suspension parts look so delicate i would be scared to pick them up.

Have fun, John