Lotus 25 Coventry Climax Tamiya 1/20

S

sideshowbob

First of all i hope its ok with TheCat30 if i use his forum to post some photos of my latest build? :cheesygrin:

This was only my 5th every build, and although the learning curve has been quite steep i would consider myself still very inexperienced.

The model was very nice and satisfying to build. The only problems i had involved the decals. Every single one of them broke up on application. The "team lotus" one was particularly tricky as the very thin line broke up into about 100 pieces that all had to be aligned perfectly and then had to be arranged around a tight corner by the front wheels.

After i had applied them all then came the clearcoat which seemed to break them all up again! very frustrating.

Big apologies for the quality of the photos. They were taken quickly on my iphone. I will update the thread with better ones ASAP.

A

andygh

What a gorgeous finish, very impressive, I'd never get anywhere near that standard:score:

That's why I stick to dirty old AFVs:grinball2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi tim , fantastic work, i particularly like the heat stained exhausts. cheers tony

B

Bunkerbarge

It's a completely different way of thinking to achieve a perfectly finished high gloss coat. It usually eludes me as well which is why I get stuck into weathering!!

Lovely models though both the Lotus and the Honda.

R

Richy C

Very nice build , I agree exhaust and gearbox look very good , I built one of these many moons ago when I first started modelling again but building another for my Dad although its only at the primed stage ,

I know how small this kit is put it next to a modernish F1 car and its tiny ,

Nice to see a single seater race car on here , also the Honda in the background looks good , I can only speak for myself but I would love to see some more photo`s of both cars

Great work

Richy

T

treyzx10r

Tim great looking build love the pipes! The gearbox is nice but a wash would really make it pop. Keep up the great work.

S

Spyderman_uk

Very nice indeed!

A lovely car and impressive build.

I really must get one of these.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is one very nice little car. That Honda looks good too.

Like the heat stains on the exhaust pipe, very life like.

Ian M

S

sideshowbob

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments. Will try a stronger wash on the gearbox next time. The one i used obviously wasnt dark enough. Im building a 1/12 lotus type 78 at the moment and its such a hard build, i wish i was back building this one again! Will try really hard to get some decent photos up.