Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

• Other, please post your suggestion.

• Total voters
T

Thunderbird

My next project is also a British car, the Lotus Esprit. I have been wanting to build this one for quite awhile. So far the engine has been started.

I am yet to decide on a body color which is why I added a poll so that you guys can help me decide.

More to come.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, with you not putting a lovely lime green with pink stripes, I had to go for yellow... ;)

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yellow but with silver wheels for me , just like mine . ....(well on Gran Turismo anyway!)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Got to be royal blue with gold alloys :smiling3:

W

Willi262

For high speed, high performance race-type cars, (and it IS a lotus) then I would say "British Racing Green" with "Tan leather interior" ...class!

T

Thunderbird

Small update, engine is nearing completion. I have also started work on the chassis but more on that in the next update.

T

Thunderbird

Do you guys know if there are specific interior and body color combinations for the Esprit? For example does a tan interior go with any body color?

W

Willi262

I think that a tan 'leather' interior would look good with almost any exterior paint job. I don't paint my model cars based on what the instructions say, I paint them based on what it would look like, if I were to own the full-sized car. Makes it a little more customized, a little more "individualized" instead of mass produced.

P

Plastickitbasher

Has to be Yellow, that engine is looking very good

T

Thunderbird

I have started the assembly of the chassis after a lot of painting; I think I will run out of aluminium paint during this build. ;)

The engine has not been mounted yet, I just put it on the chassis for the photos.

So far this kit is coming together nicely, no major hurdles yet.