M*A*S*H diorama

C

CDW

Well the time has come to go for a diorama i've been meaning to do for ages.

It'll be based around a part of a factual MASH unit, but with a few charactors from the TV series thrown in for a bit of fun (can't resist, it's my favorite show and what got me interested in the "forgotton war")

Got a few vehicles and figures that will be altered a tad to get the correct look/pose etc (might need more yet, we'll see how it goes)

View attachment 49042

Got the base sorted and have made a start on the tent structures, i'll be including details in the tents which will be able to be seen through the doors/mesh windows and be adding lighting in some areas.

The base is 16 x 28 inches

View attachment 49043View attachment 49044View attachment 49045

there's the O.R./ pre-op, latrines, showers, the CO's quarters and two officers tents, the centre will be the recreation area that a few MASH units had for use in any down-time they managed to get.

View attachment 51852

View attachment 51853

View attachment 51854

View attachment 51855

20120806_142323.jpg

20120809_103746.jpg

20120809_103806.jpg

20120809_103823.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
First in the queue....Seat ready...Front row....Bring it on Colin, and bring on 'Hot Lips' too!!!!

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
She's there Ron, don't you worry :smiling3: You want popcorn?
Cheers Col' but I reckon I can sit next to Andy and share his!!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Colin nice start and a great programe i used to like watching and will watch this one like i posted on Tommy's dio i have idea's for one to start next year

B

Boldman

Ahh, you are doing the TV series so you won't be doing the "collapse the shower tent around HotLips" scene ;)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
"Attention. Attention, all non-commissioned officers will report for seats on the front row at 0400. That is all."

Right, we've got the seats who's got the gin?

Looking forward to this one Radar sorry, Colin lol.

Have fun, John

T

tommy1drop

Hi Colin

Great start mate, looking forward to following this:thumbsup:

Tom

P

Polux

Ohhh Noooo!!! What a hell!!!

I am late!! I will have to observe from the last line.

:abouttime:

I want popcorns, this "promises" very much!!

:thumbsup:

C

CDW

Glad you're all seated and ready for the show :smiling3: :smiling3: there'll be an intermission where you're more than welcome to take advantage of the food and drink kiosks in the lobby.

Anyhoos ... i got the O.R. corrugated panels all on and thought i'd have a go at the canvas top.

This is made from a pair of old combat trousers (using the unprinted inner as the face side)

I soaked it with watered down PVA and draped it over the poles and edges, hopefully it'll dry with all the natural drapes in the fabric and become stiff enough to be able to take off so you can see the beds and detailing inside that i want to add. (how i'm going to incorporate the tent ropes etc and still be able to take the top off is puzzler for later).

just have to wait untill dry and i'll trim it neatly around the edge and see if it pops off.

View attachment 49075View attachment 49076

In any event the PVA will give a non bleeding base for the red cross to be painted on.

View attachment 51883

View attachment 51884

20120810_161811.jpg

20120810_161829.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Ha, classic, Hotlip's tent comes to life. This is a great subject Colin.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just caught up with your dio Colin. What a great idea, and plenty of scope of trying out new things.

Hope there are some seats in the stalls left. Hope you can manage a "Radar" figure, Hotlips was sexy, but he was my favorite character.

Tony.