Macross - Regult going down town

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thanks Si, I thought about that but I decided that the city was to be evacuated and I'd show a single intrepid newspaper photographer trying to get a snap shot of an approaching invader battle pod as it made its way through the evacuated city.

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I've done some work on the battle pod, just worried that I'm going to over do the chipping, but at the same time its a "war machine" not show piece, so it should be scratched up and dinged. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of my work in progress - still very much in pieces!! ;)

View attachment 111884

View attachment 111885

View attachment 111886

Once it's all painted and chipped, I'll weather it and seal it.....I think:confused:

bits (1).JPG

bits (2).JPG

bits (3).JPG

P

Polux

I'm wishing to see how you weathered it.... By the way, looking very good so far ;)

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Well, the assembly of the Regult is nearing completion. I've attached some pics depicting a partially assembled and weathered pod and some weather legs & foot pods.

Comments and crits are welcome!! :smiling3:

View attachment 113507

View attachment 113508

View attachment 113509

I'm taking this to new levels of weathering for me, so this is quite an exciting process, exploring new techniques and improving on old methods. :P :cool::rolleyes:

I'm honestly having a blast!! :D :cool: :D

175.JPG

176.JPG

177.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is looking great Gavin......... and your dio base is superb. I like it a lot.

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thanks Peter!

I've pottered about in the past with 40K battlefield additions, you know the odd crater and derelict building, typically in black and grey, but I've never done a diorama base for a model before, so this is all very exciting and new!! :D :cool:

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
Looking good Gavin , agre with Si needs a few more people.
I know what you mean, but I haven't found suitable figures - hence me opting for the single photographic journalist..... :sad:

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOW, the end is in sight!!:eek:

I've just assembled the battle pod, just a couple of bits to add and a spot of additional weathering and it can take its place on the base!! :D :D

I'm over the moon with the look thus far, what do you think??

View attachment 113880

View attachment 113881

Nearly there, almost finished!!

Man, what a ride!! :smiling3: :cool: :D

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Jeez, that looks superb Gavin, LOVE IT!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

This looks really different and I really do like those Sci fi builds. Although I never build sci fi, I do like watching them built. This is just great. You just need some terrified bystanders

John