Marks A6M3 zero type 22.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice work Mark. I smiled when I saw your perfectly placed throttle / flap levers and thought, 'how many of them have I got spread around my room' !

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Very nice work Mark. I smiled when I saw your perfectly placed throttle / flap levers and thought, 'how many of them have I got spread around my room' !
Whilst doing them i was thinking ,there was nothing wrong with what was there lol

Last edited:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Nice progress Mark
Similar to my type 11 then……excellent. It looks spot on…..
Thanks chaps, i have started some chipping although in reality the zeros never suffered much with this problem as they were primed, but i like to to try out something new on each build if i can and not particularly concerned with historical accuracy, the priming guy called in sick the day they made this one lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on beautifully Mark!!

ATB.

Andrew

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Decent paint rejecting that yucky gloss. :confused:

I've had it before trying to put water based varnish over Mr C. I put it down to a surface tension thing causing the wet film to separate.

I fixed it with a couple of really light dust coats which gave the wetter ones something to grip to.

Best of luck.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Decent paint rejecting that yucky gloss. :confused:

I've had it before trying to put water based varnish over Mr C. I put it down to a surface tension thing causing the wet film to separate.

I fixed it with a couple of really light dust coats which gave the wetter ones something to grip to.

Best of luck.
Yeah thats what it looks like, got some mr hobby gloss in the cupboard as well :rolling: oh well lesson learned,
Anyway i come to the conclusion flatting it back isnt gonna do it, cant flat paint out of rivet detail etc so ill order some mr hobby paint remover and go that route, cant keep piling the paint on.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Drastic but understandable.

I find methylated spirits strips it fine after a few minutes soaking but I've never tried it on a fully built model. I don't have a tub big enough to dunk one in! :smiling5: