massive train model !

N

new to trains

digging thorough some old CDr's i fund some images of the train we built a while ago,

this was displayed in the euston station travel centre for about 5 yrs- i think its gone now.....

at 1 to 1 scale too, the other side had a cutaway so you could entre the train, the drivers console was all there but on the inside of the drivers windscreen there was a big plasma screen, this was coupled to a DVD that showed the drivers view of the journe from scotland to london, the film runtime was superspeeded up and you could do the journey in about 4 minutes.... .... the locomotive had some clever chairs that you could sit in whilst watching the film, there were bass units in the bottom of the chairs and also some pneumatic powered tilt plates which moved the chair as you sat in it- so you got to experience the pendolino's tilting mechanism too !

it was a good project, but the whole train was built in panels- no bigger than about 6 ft by 6ft as we had to get it onto euston station concourse -everything had to go through a set of double doors !

it weighed in at nearly 4 tons all in !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Guy,it never ceases to amaze me what you have built there in the past at Legoland as models ? this one certainly is another example of your ingenuity and application with a squarish object being applied to a three dimensional form,a truly remarkable piece of modelling and all in a days work to you as well.