Masterbox figures.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

Can anyone from experience tell me what Masterbox figures are like?.

Cheers.

Ralph.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I have used them a few times,and like them,I like the scale size is more true,

than a Dragon,they do have good detail as well,and most times a nice fit, ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've used the RAF and Luftwaffe 1/32 sets and found them good. That is despite my inability to paint figures convincingly :smiling3:

Luftwaffe:

IMG_0968_zpsfrtmrukt.jpg

RAF (apart from the pilot in the Spitfire):

IMG_1283_web_zpslzdcgjdd.jpg

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One word...superb. Not complicated like Dragon, and knock these, or any other 1/35 figures into a cocked hat any day!

D

dubster72

I've used a few of their figure sets Ralph & they're very nice. Good detail, nice facial expressions & easy to put together.

I'd disagree with Ron somewhat though, as the Dragon Gen 2 figures are the best I've ever seen... and that includes resin ones costing much more! Fiddly to build though, but that's the price you pay for the extra details.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ralph

I've used many MB figures and I'd say they are good. The detail is up with most other manufacturers (I'd say Dragon Gen 2 are probably the best in Plastic) but what sets MB apart is their more unusual poses and very natural gestures. I used 2 MB sets as the basis for aa Kursk diorama I did some time back. If you're interested here's the link:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/finished-kursk-diorama-cross-of-iron-gb.11057/

Please note that I did modify the figures but they are excellent straight from the box.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Hi Ralph
I've used many MB figures and I'd say they are good. The detail is up with most other manufacturers (I'd say Dragon Gen 2 are probably the best in Plastic) but what sets MB apart is their more unusual poses and very natural gestures. I used 2 MB sets as the basis for aa Kursk diorama I did some time back. If you're interested here's the link:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/finished-kursk-diorama-cross-of-iron-gb.11057/

Please note that I did modify the figures but they are excellent straight from the box.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul
Was that really back in 2011???? I have never forgotten this diorama. It is the best burnt out T34 I have ever come across and a great example how to use fur as long grass.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
[Was that really back in 2011???? I have never forgotten this diorama. It is the best burnt out T34 I have ever come across and a great example how to use fur as long grass./QUOTE]
Yeah, time really has flown. It's good to see you back Graham, I hope things are good with you and yours.i'm not posting as much now but still pop in now and again to catch up with what I can. Speak soon.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Thank you so much everyone.

I have an idea for a diorama and there are a few masterbox figures that would suit it perfectly.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Thank you so much everyone.
I have an idea for a diorama and there are a few masterbox figures that would suit it perfectly.
do tell;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
It won't be a factual diorama but loosely based on fact.

The idea I have is to have defeated and lightly injured German's going to a first aid post and to get some food.

The figures I have chosen are below.And maybe I will use the Verlinden townhall or maybe scratch my own building or buildings.

$_1[3].jpg

$_1[4].jpg

$T2eC16d,!)0FIZYnztNSBSdGRQ,-!Q~~60_57[1].jpg

$T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI3z6BRgGBmG,qQ~~60_57[1].jpg

5f5793a125098585810abd28a792ee3c_f3645[1].jpg

44558[1].jpg

s2kw019[1].jpg

vpi2047[1].jpg

vpi2344[1].jpg

$(KGrHqF,!hkFD)9))0sZBRCkt63)4!~~60_1[1].jpg

First Name
Robert
Hi Ralph I'm prob late here replying to this one but work been a pain of Kate and I'm not getting as much time as I would like

Anyway I have purchased many of Masrerbox figs and I definatly think they are a class of there own when it comes to finer detail ( expressions, weopnry, accuracy to original uniforms and colour ref.

With an upcoming dio " out of gas out of time " I have used the German POWs you have listed no and they are brilliantly sculptured, really look worn out and tired etc ( I hope I can paint them as good as they look. ( time will tell )

Kind regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Not yet.
But they are all available.
The Field Kitchen is a lovely little kit, especially if you get it with the original figures. I have had one kit with and one without which I think was in a double kit with something else, the cook figures in the aprons are great characters but it was a long time ago that I had them.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
The Field Kitchen is a lovely little kit, especially if you get it with the original figures. I have had one kit with and one without which I think was in a double kit with something else, the cook figures in the aprons are great characters but it was a long time ago that I had them.
I've never done a diorama with this many figures before(only ever done a couple of dioramas many moons ago).

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to spend about £130 on this lot.

Do you think the town hall would suit it?.Also do you reckon I should go for it?

F

Fenlander

I definitely think you should go for it but you could cut down on the figures. There is a hell of a lot there which would demand space as well as time. I would have the German captives set as milling around rather than a group. The field kitchen for certain and a couple of nurses. The wagon would be good for adding a lead in element, coming from stage left, but does it have horses? I would start off with that and add a few resin later if needed but unless you are aiming for a mass effect, too many figures can make the composition difficult to focus.

Not sure about the building. Nit would be nice but again, it's going to make it big. Some backdrop is needed though. Reminds me of the hospital in Band of Brothers.

Have you considered a scratch built open top so most of the figures are indoors? Plenty of scope for scratch built beds etc.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
I definitely think you should go for it but you could cut down on the figures. There is a hell of a lot there which would demand space as well as time. I would have the German captives set as milling around rather than a group. The field kitchen for certain and a couple of nurses. The wagon would be good for adding a lead in element, coming from stage left, but does it have horses? I would start off with that and add a few resin later if needed but unless you are aiming for a mass effect, too many figures can make the composition difficult to focus.
Not sure about the building. Nit would be nice but again, it's going to make it big. Some backdrop is needed though. Reminds me of the hospital in Band of Brothers.

Have you considered a scratch built open top so most of the figures are indoors? Plenty of scope for scratch built beds etc.
Thanks Graham.

I've already cut down from about 40 figures.And I think you are right about too many figures.

The cart does come with horse's and my idea is what you said.

I'm going to keep thinking and decide on what figures to remove.

Also the thing is I do like the town hall:smiling3:.

All of what you said above has helped me so much

As for time..well I have all the time in the world:smiling3:.