Matchbox Humber

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. I've just realised that it's been nearly a year since I was last on here, and even longer since I last posted a build. Far too bloody busy I'm afraid and lost my mojo a bit.

I built this last November and haven't been at my bench since. Matchbox/Revell Humber Mk II, built almost out of the box. I raised the suspension a bit as it sat far too low on the wheels, replaced the commander with a figure from Milicast, and added some lifting eyes and stowage. Decals are a mix of kit and Dan Taylor. Painted as a vehicle of the 56th Recce Regt, 78th Infantry Division in Sicily/Italy 1943.

_20221001_105125.JPG

Just need to motivate myself back to the bench now! I've a couple to choose from.

_20221002_172634.JPG

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Alex

Welcome back!!

Nice work on the Humber. Turned out very well indeed.

Build a couple of the Matchbox/Revell Comets as a teenager and still one of my favourite tanks. Have 4 of the Vespid Comets in the stash. All reviews and builds are pretty positive. Someone, I think Nick aka Niho built one over the spring/summer.

ATB

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Can’t beat some of those old Matchbox kits for a quick diversion from the heavy lifting :smiling3: Though the AVRE’s turret is very much, and noticeably, undersize …

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks chaps! With autumn upon us I'll hopefully be able to get back to the bench. Might try the Priest next, see how it goes, then attempt the Vespid Comet.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks chaps! With autumn upon us I'll hopefully be able to get back to the bench. Might try the Priest next, see how it goes, then attempt the Vespid Comet.
Cool!! Actually just remembered I've built the AVRE too!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice Windy,
...(or should I say "Windy the Rifleman",as you used to be known ;) )
It's all a bit too small a scale for me,but it looks superb mate... The paint finish is awesome... Love it!!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice clean build Alex and Welcome back. :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good looking build…..going to need the AVRE to get over that hole though ;)