McFarlane/Warhammer 40K Ultramarine finished

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This was quite a daunting challenge due to size and the fact that it is a poseable action figure. It’s certainly been fun to work on using some new techniques for damage to the armour. I added some additional purity seals made from milliput and food packaging plastic and some more of The Mighty Brush decals. I need to sort him a base but still looking at the moment. Had a brainwave yesterday for the Roman numerals on his shoulder pad as my free hand sucks, I found an old black decal and chopped it up, I think it looks ok from a safe distance
F7D9DB06-57B5-469C-960B-32A46A91A621.jpeg
0F2994AF-C8E4-409E-8FC6-382A7E7EECA2.jpeg
4002E86C-4519-4F8C-8A27-D6532EDE1128.jpeg

Last edited:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Wow Mick, I love it, the finer details you've done really make the whole build pop, this is absolutely brilliant mate, the colours work so well..top marks indeed.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Wow Mick, I love it, the finer details you've done really make the whole build pop, this is absolutely brilliant mate, the colours work so well..top marks indeed.
Thanks Chris much appreciated

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks great Mick!

It must have been hard to upscale from a regular sized 'marine but that's brill. Like the battle damage too.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Looks great Mick!

It must have been hard to upscale from a regular sized 'marine but that's brill. Like the battle damage too.
Thanks Andy, it’s quite strange working on this. As well as it’s size it’s quite heavy too, my usual marines sit on a painting handle for the job

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
In the original post I put a miniature in for comparison and his little buddy has had some paint. It’s a 28mm stormtrooper from the Star Wars Legion game.
BA109CD4-9241-4A50-B224-FA3AB3E72053.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's a great result Mick. The colour, the battle damage - spot on. Something out of your comfort zone so even more satisfying to get such a fine finish.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's turned out mighty nice Mick and the base is well suited to the model....well done.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's a great result Mick. The colour, the battle damage - spot on. Something out of your comfort zone so even more satisfying to get such a fine finish.
Thank you Jim, well out of my comfort zone but enjoyed it in the end.
That's turned out mighty nice Mick and the base is well suited to the model....well done.
Thanks for that Rick, he can take his place on my drawer top now

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
So sorry Mick, that I missed this one. I don't know anything about 40k or warhammer myself and I thought it could have been a Transformer from the films that I watched.......Ok, so I was watching Megan Fox most of the time......It looks like a big one and you had a lot of fun doing it....
Wait a minute....Was this the big robot that your little calvary troops hacked up a way's back? Ok, you got him back together and finished him up. Anyway, he looks mighty fine to me and I really like the overall finish colors. The battle scars look great too and add a battle weary touch to him. Nice job Sir!!! Might I ask what he won the red ribbons for??? Was he only 9th in his class??? Just curious Buddy...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
So sorry Mick, that I missed this one. I don't know anything about 40k or warhammer myself and I thought it could have been a Transformer from the films that I watched.......Ok, so I was watching Megan Fox most of the time......It looks like a big one and you had a lot of fun doing it....
Wait a minute....Was this the big robot that your little calvary troops hacked up a way's back? Ok, you got him back together and finished him up. Anyway, he looks mighty fine to me and I really like the overall finish colors. The battle scars look great too and add a battle weary touch to him. Nice job Sir!!! Might I ask what he won the red ribbons for??? Was he only 9th in his class??? Just curious Buddy...

Prost
Allen
Thanks for having a look Allen, those little cavalry guys wouldn't stand a chance against these guys :smiling: :smiling5: The red seals and illuminated scrolls are purity seals that are attached to their armour as the space marines are a very devout bunch and follow a very strict code out there in the 41st millennia :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks for having a look Allen, those little cavalry guys wouldn't stand a chance against these guys :smiling: :smiling5:
Sorry Buddy, but pics don't lie. It took me a while to find, but I knew I had seen a pic telling a different story,

8027A89D-EAA6-430B-BD39-E30D6C235756.jpeg
If you look closely, you can see the big s**t eating grins on their faces as they ride away from the scene of the crime. 40k didn't have a chance against them!!!.............Have a great weekend Mick!

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Sorry Buddy, but pics don't lie. It took me a while to find, but I knew I had seen a pic telling a different story,

View attachment 483019
If you look closely, you can see the big s**t eating grins on their faces as they ride away from the scene of the crime. 40k didn't have a chance against them!!!.............Have a great weekend Mick!

Prost
Allen
Got me there :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not my thing at all, but he’s come out really well Mick. Excellent!