Me 109 G6 - Trumpeter 1/24

A

ajcmac

I have this model for over a year.

I started painting the interior. How did not like what I was doing, stopped and kept the model.

When I started building the 109 F4 I saw the topic of Vaughan. I liked what he was doing and how the colors that were used was the same as the F4, I decided to start my own.

I went back to painting the interior and started the engine. I added some pipes, few, because my ability to scratch is not good.

Here the interior already with seat belts.

A

ajcmac

The next step was to glue the fuselage and wings, painted marks Anton Hackl. Then I painted the RLM 76.

Then lights and shadows.

A

ajcmac

I started painting the RLM 74 and 75.

Wings and stabilizers.

Fuselage.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi there Antonio

It's looking good, very impressive. Have you really painted the crosses? have you used stencils? I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. It will definitely be 5*.

Vaughan.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Antonio :smiling3:

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Hi there AntonioIt's looking good, very impressive. Have you really painted the crosses? have you used stencils? I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. It will definitely be 5*.

Vaughan.
Yes, the German crosses are painted.

The masks used. The rest are already in the trash.

These were not used.

These were for the F4. They are very badly cut. (trash)

I take a sheet of decals to a store advertising. They work with vinyl. I know that digitize the images (do not know the whole process) and then make the cut.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi there Antonio

I think your very brave to make your own stencils they look very good. I think I will stick to using decals. Saying that I had to replace the decals that came with my Trumpeter BF109G6 as they fell apart so I used Eagle Strikes decals which are in fact made by Aero Master. All the Revell kit that I have Built so far have been very good even the 42 year old wildcat decals despite being a little thick). So this was the first time I had to replace them.

Vaughan

View attachment 36632

View attachment 36633

_MG_0005.jpg

_MG_0004.jpg

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Hi there AntonioI think your very brave to make your own stencils they look very good. I think I will stick to using decals. Saying that I had to replace the decals that came with my Trumpeter BF109G6 as they fell apart so I used Eagle Strikes decals which are in fact made by Aero Master. All the Revell kit that I have Built so far have been very good even the 42 year old wildcat decals despite being a little thick). So this was the first time I had to replace them.

Vaughan
Vaughan

Well, I follow closely the construction of your G6 and read what you said about the decals. This is exactly why I did not put the original decals and made the stencils.

ajcmac:beer:

A

ajcmac

Now I understand the problem of with the decals. The decals are really a disgrace :emo2:.

Fortunately I read the topic of Vaughan and painted the German crosses. Decals specific to the model of Anton Hackl already placed, with great difficulty. I used Microset and Microsoft. Tomorrow will see if works or not.

B

Bunkerbarge

I keep meaning to put something on this thread and haven't got around to it yet. Suffice to say if ever you needed a good reason as to why you need to try a 1/24th scale model just have a look at this. What a cracking looking 109 and what a brilliant presence it has as a result of it's size. This has superb shading, weathering, paint finishes and detail. I particularly like the propped open cowling, which looks more realistic than having it sat on the ground alongsdie the model.

Brilliant job, which I've thoroughly enjoyed following.

A

ajcmac

More progress. Exhaust fumes and machine guns simulated. Matt varnish applied.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Fantastic and nearly finished

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Antonio

This 109 is up to your usual high standard. I have the Trumpeter 1/32 109 G6 in my collection waiting to be built, so I watch this build with interest (even though it's 1/24).

Look forward to the finished thing

All the best

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's yet another superb build - as we've come to expect from you Antonio! ***** for certain.

Gern