ME?... a nature lover?... What ARE you thinking of?!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Chaps,
I couldn't really put this in "latest acquisitions"... so ere it is;),
We,(that's Rach and I),love our birds,and all of their stuff in our garden is testiment to that,(we have a Robin,a pair of ring neck Doves,a wood Pigeon,a bird we can't identify and a "family"of about 18 House Sparrows that visit every day... unfortunately though we only see Blue Tits very rarely)...
Rach saw a Hedgehog, with 3 tiny babies in tow, toddling along the path that she walks along to work the other morning,(she starts at 5am).
That in mind,we decided on a Hoggy frenzy,so bought this....
IMG20230818153709.jpg
... Yeah I know, "you won't see much by just shoving that up",true,but it's to, hopefully,record any activity in this....
hedge3_ed765109-396b-4f87-a5d4-1919bde46fa9_2048x2048.jpg
Hopefully,after a while, they'll notice in and become visitors... we wait and see :tongue-out:.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hedgehogs are having a bad time at the moment so anything we can do to help them is good. Watching and waiting will be exciting for you both and who knows, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle may take up residence in that luxury house.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hedgehogs are having a bad time at the moment so anything we can do to help them is good. Watching and waiting will be exciting for you both and who knows, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle may take up residence in that luxury house.
Yes, indeed they are Jim,
We've created what they call a "Hedgehog Highway" with our neighbours,(so that can easily pass between the back gardens).
When the Amazon lady dropped off the little house,she told Rach that she's delivered a lot of them recently... so hopefully,the little dudes will get a chance to enjoy a better life :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice.
Living literally in the middle of farm land, we are surrounded by nature. We gave quite a large garden with lots of trees and bushes at the last count we had 5 families in the garden.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice.
Living literally in the middle of farm land, we are surrounded by nature. We gave quite a large garden with lots of trees and bushes at the last count we had 5 families in the garden.
That sounds excellent Ian..
... Are hedgies prevelent in Denmark,or rare,and you're lucky to have them?:thinking:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That sounds excellent Ian..
... Are hedgies prevelent in Denmark,or rare,and you're lucky to have them?:thinking:
They say they are in decline, but around where I am I have seen plenty of them. Unfortunately still to many killed crossing the road. But as I said we have about five families in our garden. Must be all the slugs! grr.
Our garden was like a sodding Disney film the other week.
I was looking out the window and there was a Fox mother followed by one of her young. (unfortunately showing it the way to next doors chickens)!
There was a couple of Hedgehogs scurrying for cover in hedge by the driveway.
An owl was sat in the radio mast in next doors garden.
And a very fine 12 pointer was walking through the wheat field across the road. He stopped up and just stood there looking back at me looking at him.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They say they are in decline, but around where I am I have seen plenty of them. Unfortunately still to many killed crossing the road. But as I said we have about five families in our garden. Must be all the slugs! grr.
Our garden was like a sodding Disney film the other week.
I was looking out the window and there was a Fox mother followed by one of her young. (unfortunately showing it the way to next doors chickens)!
There was a couple of Hedgehogs scurrying for cover in hedge by the driveway.
An owl was sat in the radio mast in next doors garden.
And a very fine 12 pointer was walking through the wheat field across the road. He stopped up and just stood there looking back at me looking at him.
Blimey,that sounds idyllic......
...... something right out of Dr.Doolittle !! ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A purchase you won't regret. We've been using one for a while. The garden is a lively place at night. The first time I 'caught' a hedge hog, it was so noisy, I thought it was ill. But no, they just grunt and huff a lot. I filmed one, last year, having such a good scratch, it fell over.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great stuff Andy!!! Now, the puzzle is finally coming together over your love and current fascination with wing thingys. Birds will do that to you Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen
Ah,now you say that,it makes a kinda sense Allen..... the birds have subliminally influenced my modelling, the little tinkers!:dizzy::tears-of-joy:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A purchase you won't regret. We've been using one for a while. The garden is a lively place at night. The first time I 'caught' a hedge hog, it was so noisy, I thought it was ill. But no, they just grunt and huff a lot. I filmed one, last year, having such a good scratch, it fell over.
Ha! I bet that was fun to watch!!
Yes, we're looking forward to seeing what goes on in our back garden whilst we're asleep!.....
.... Couldn't set it up last night because it poured with rain, hopefully this afternoon will be better :tongue-out:.