ME?... a nature lover?... What ARE you thinking of?!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A tic will latch on to anything with blood and a pulse.
The neighbours chickens get them too.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Our three love nature, if it has been dropped, then they will eat it, and in our woods you can hear the call of the red face spotted SWMBO - "Will you little (expletive) stop eating that (expletive).....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hope you will post any photos you get of visitors Andy .
What's Cohan think to the idea:smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hope you will post any photos you get of visitors Andy .
What's Cohan think to the idea:smiling3:
I certainly will John,
Although from what I've read it can take up to 6-8 months for it to be "accepted".... if at all!!:thinking:
Cohan doesn't like it outside much, he's ok until a bird,(of any size),flies over head, then he just wants out of there!.... must be his natural instinct,in case it's a preditory type and going to swoop down and nab him.... although,good luck with that considering all of his spikes!!:dizzy::tears-of-joy:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice shot. All we are getting is cloudy and dull skies. Must say the A38 looks quiet at that time of day though ;)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
We've had some spectacular sunsets and rises down here lately, here's a pic of driving to work yesterday morning at 07:00,and no,I haven't filtered or edited the pic in ANY way whatsoever....
View attachment 498014
Nice image.
Do you live near Iceland!! Looks just like the image on BBC news page of the recent volcanic activity.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
We've had some spectacular sunsets and rises down here lately, here's a pic of driving to work yesterday morning at 07:00,and no,I haven't filtered or edited the pic in ANY way whatsoever....
View attachment 498014
I'm just wondering if you saw three horsemen riding towards you?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I thought there were four? How would they get past you? Looks just wide enough for one car w/no shoulders or lay-by in sight.
Yep,so did I Paul!....
You're right though,that stretch of road is only just wide enough for a van... and is about a mile long, with no passing places,you just have to hope you don't meet anything coming the other way.... otherwise it could be a fair reverse back!!:tired:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Yep,so did I Paul!....
You're right though,that stretch of road is only just wide enough for a van... and is about a mile long, with no passing places,you just have to hope you don't meet anything coming the other way.... otherwise it could be a fair reverse back!!:tired:
There's a few roads like that in Devon. (I found). For some reason when No 1 son lived out Wembury way he used to divert us off the A38 down similar roads. It's quicker says he!!!! Only if no-one else is coming the opposite way!!!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Don't be disappointed if you don't see the hedgehogs using your hedgehog home, they have large ranges so may just use it as a stopping off place rather than a nest. i built three for our garden and only 1 is regularly used.

a couple of weeks ago Tina found a little one by the roadside during the day, she took it to our local hedgehog rescue centre Website where they looked after it (de-liced, worked etc). It was released in our garden one evening - in one of the boxes and next day it had gone and we havn't seen it since!

if you wonder how we know we havn't seen it - the rescue centre colour codes them:

0836cdd8-51a2-4284-a458-22953a5a0cd1.jpeg

the photo shows her in one of the homemade houses, made from 3/4 inch plywood. The cardboard blocks the entrance - we were advised to block it to keep her in for the first night, with a little cat food. apparently doing that makes it feel safer and more likely to return.

Peter

Last edited: