Me bf 109 F4 Trop. 1/32

A

ajcmac

This is next on the list. The new kit from Hasegawa also in 1 / 32 scale. Me 109 F4 Trop.

T

T. van Vuuren

I am almost done with the Tamiya 1/48 109 E Trop, the motling was "interesting" to say the least. Lucky the G had a simpler seeme !

Looks like a realy nice kit, I rather like the nice touch of the crewman.

Keep the pix comming.

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I rather like the nice touch of the crewman. Theuns
Hi Theuns,that's H-J Marseille. The figure is based on a picture of him watching another victory mark being applied to the rudder of his aircraft. He does indeed wear a rather splendid pair of shorts,reminiscent of a tea clipper in full sail!

I've got one of these planned so I'll be keeping an eye on Antonio's progress.

Cheers

Steve

T

T. van Vuuren

I have been reading up on this plane (yellow 14 109-4/trop) and interestingly in the book "aircraft of the aces - Me 109 aces of narth Africa and the Med" it shows his plane with the half blue/ brown fuse (wn 12 593) aswell as a 109 (wn 14 256) but with the brown almost all the way down the fuse.

What collour uniforms did the Med groundcrew wear Steve?

I am looking into getting a 1/48 109 G to do as the SAAF captured/restored plane with the side # ?-AX, it should go nicely with my German 109E "black 8"

Pardon the hijack......

Theuns

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I recall seeing a picture of Hr Marseille in something looking very Afrika corp colour.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I recall seeing a picture of Hr Marseille in something looking very Afrika corp colour. Ian M
I agree,most photos seem to show desert type uniforms. The ground crews also seem to be in this colour rather than the black overalls of the ETO. They are often pictured wearing not much more than shorts and these are either in a desert colour or black.

I'll be home (briefly) tomorrow morning and can access my references for Marseille. I've got quite a lot of detail on all his known aircraft. The one with the low demarcation line was repainted,in theatre,prior to Marseille receiving it and has several interesting little anomalies. If you are you planning to do a Marseille aircraft maybe we should start another thread so that Ajmac can build his here!

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

I started the model.

Eliminated panel lines that do not belong to the F4 and injection marks. The interior is ready to begin painting.

B

Bunkerbarge

That's a lot of detail in that cockpit. Beautifully put together and is going to look stunning with some paint on it.

A

ajcmac

A small advance. The pilot's seat is not attached because I need to paste the seat belts. We still lack the dashboard and a piece I do not know the color.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good stuff Antonio. I see you are building this Hasegawa kit and the Trumpeter one at the same time. Leaving the accuracy issues (particularly Trumpeter's) aside do you have an opinion as to which is the best to build?

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Good stuff Antonio. I see you are building this Hasegawa kit and the Trumpeter one at the same time. Leaving the accuracy issues (particularly Trumpeter's) aside do you have an opinion as to which is the best to build?Cheers

Steve
Steve

I hope you can understand what I mean .

Hasegawa Models, as everyone knows, are good. In the case of the Me 109 F4 is an easy kit to build, with good fittings, interior fuselage and wings very detailed. Trumpeter's model, for me, with good fittings, with more detail, despite knowing that many of these details will no longer be seen. Furthermore, I have solved the problem of the rivets.

I am finishing Dauntless and I think he's very good. The pity is that Trumpeter has no more accuracy, as in the Bf 109 F4 and other models, often make so many errors.

I really like the models from Hasegawa, but I think that I'm a fan of the Trumpeter models.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thank you Antonio,and I understand you perfectly well. I've recently built a couple of Trumpeter kits myself and I have to agree that they are very detailed and very well engineered. I think that the Trumpeter 1/32 Me262 is by far the best kit available in this scale.

I may build the Hasegawa Bf109F myself soon. The Zoukei-Mura Ta152 I'm building now is not a particularly easy build so the Hasegawa kit maybe just what I need to recover,something nice and easy!

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

I'm a little because I'm still waiting for Eduard masks. My view is no longer what it was and isolate the glass from Hasegawa is not easy. Already got them to arrange. They should be here next week.

Went ahead the service by painting a small piece missing inside.

I glued the fuselage.

I painted the landing gear and flaps.

Now is to complete the instrument panel and glue the interiors.

A

ajcmac

The masks ready.

Fuselage and wings glued.

Seatbelts.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great stuff Antonio. I'm starting one of these and checked your thread. You reminded me to fill the underwing access panels which,as you say,do not belong on an F-4. They don't belong on a G or K according to the drawings in Ritger's Modellers Datafile for the F to K variants either! I'm not sure why Hasegawa has put them there.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

Painted the RLM 79.

Lights and shadows.

The spinner

A

ajcmac

Lights and shadows. The ends of the wings (painted white part) will have to be corrected.